Why become a member? ×

Status Shark 5 String, Limited Edition Seafoam Green.
£375

Merton

Status Shark 5 String

Limited Edition Seafoam Green with Pearloid Scratchplate

Cracking bass, it has been my favourite ever since I bought it in early 2011. Very easy neck, light as a feather (around 8.5lb) and an absolute joy to play. Equipped with a single soapbar pickup and passive vol/tone controls, this really couldn't be easier to plug in and play.

This is in pretty good condition for its age but there are some dinks on it, I have pictured almost all of them (there are a couple on the headstock of which I can't seem to get a decent photo, but they are minor and don't affect anything). The crack by the neck joint is just in the lacquer.

£375 without a case or with a Hiscox liteflight case (Bass Centre branded) for £400. Courier to the UK included or at buyer's cost if further afield :)

Edited by Merton

• 4 months later...

That was my bass I recorded a couple of albums with it....I'd buy it back if I can shift my Hofner or would you swap for a 60's Yamaha Samurai Bass

Edited by ash

Sadly for you I'm selling to find my ACG gas again. Strictly speaking not out of the woods with the solicitors (which were why I sold the last ACG) but frankly I have an itch which needs to be scratched NOW... Bollocks to the consequences haha ;)

It's pristine, the last ever "real" Groove (with a wooden neck as opposed to the 3 they made afterwards with modded graphite necks), and is utterly utterly glorious. I always said I'd never sell it but, well, the lure of a custom ACG has just been too much to withstand!

So, how do you want to pay....? :D

This is so pretty. Sort of wish I'd held out for it.

Bought a groove 5 which has now set me off on a five string bloodlust involving a double status sell off.

I don't know if I'll be able to resist if they sell quickly.

That's a bargain.
I've just refurbished a Status Energy 5-string from the same era.
These wooden Status necks practically play themselves.
If you don't know what all the fuss is about Rob Green's Status basses, this has got to be the cheapest way to find out.
If you don't know if a 5-string is for you, ditto
GLWTS