Why become a member? ×

A lightweight pedal board... Options?

Jellyfish

Hiya guys, I've got some effects incoming all at once (about 3 of them + the one I already have) and realise that I don't have anywhere to put them!

I've been looking at my options and it looks like it's a choice between the [b]Diago[/b] pedal boards that come in various sizes or the [b]Pedaltrain[/b] boards that also come in a range of sizes. I want it to be as light and as easy to move as possible, which both of them do quite well, but are there any options I've overlooked? If let to it, I'd probably get the Pedaltrain as it seems to be one of those things that would never ever need replacing. It might also be worth mentioning that I'll only be wanting to store about 5 pedals at any given time. Cheers!

Diago boards are pretty heavy duty, but for the protection they offer they're pretty worth it! I imagine the pedaltrain ones would probably be the lightest, but without a hard case they may not be protected as much as you need... Well not if you Chuck it around like I do :lol:

I just got myself a Pedaltrain Nano for a few fly gigs that I need to do and it is super small.

I have set up an Aguilar Octamizer, Fuzzrocious Rat Tail, Line6 M5 and a TC Ditto looper and they fit perfectly.
I also have a Mission Engineering mini expression knob thingy on the board and on one of the sides I have added a small buffer from JHS.
For powering purposes I am using a GigRig Generator and a Distributor that fit nicely under the board.

The fully loaded board does not weigh anything and the gigbag is nicely padded.

Now I can fit my pedalboard in my suitcase and still have space for my own stuff.

Those Diago Commuter's look realy light too and are worth a try.

Cheers.

Edited by Byo