Why become a member? ×

sentimental value, add 100's to your asking price!

not quite sure what's going on here?

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Precision-Bass-Guitar-/251411512778?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3a894b3dca"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Precision-Bass-Guitar-/251411512778?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3a894b3dca[/url]

I don't know why people seem to get so upset when instruments are offered on eBay (and elsewhere) at what they consider to be over-priced values.

No-one is forcing you to buy them at that price.

EBay sellers can stick stuff up at any price they want. If it sells great. If it doesn't then they can reconsider what they want to do when they realist the item.

It's got nothing to do with the rest of us.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1388401731' post='2321487']
I don't know why people seem to get so upset when instruments are offered on eBay (and elsewhere) at what they consider to be over-priced values.

EBay sellers can stick stuff up at any price they want. If it sells great. If it doesn't then they can reconsider what they want to do when they realist the item.

[/quote]

This.

I always find it a little sad - especially when the sale is related to a bereavement - when a seller overestimates the value of the instrument they perhaps saw their dad playing as they grew up (probably not helped by that dad saying "this is an original '69 Fender, it'll be worth a fortune one day").

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1388401731' post='2321487']

[/quote]
Couldn't agree more. Excellent post.

Stand down, Basschat eBay forum police. I'm not in the least upset about it being over-priced. As has been said, people are entitled to list items on eBay at whatever price they want. Just as other people are entitled to comment about it in a bass guitar forum related to eBay listings.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1388404120' post='2321520']
Stand down, Basschat eBay forum police. I'm not in the least upset about it being over-priced. As has been said, people are entitled to list items on eBay at whatever price they want. Just as other people are entitled to comment about it in a bass guitar forum related to eBay listings.
[/quote]

+1
Stood down !

Edited by the hand of john curley

Agreeing with all above...

We don't know the back-story. Maybe the seller has been told by siblings to sell it to recover the money so they get their share-out.

It's possible the the asking price is the amount the seller is prepared to buy it at.

Actually, he may be better to put it up for 99p and use a reserve. Then if it only reaches 1,500, then that't the price he pays..... we don't know.

[quote name='the hand of john curley' timestamp='1388404022' post='2321518']
Woah...easy! ...I'm not commenting on the price at all. I just wonder why you'd sell something that clearly has a lot of sentimental value. Ultimately it's nothing to do with me...it was just a comment not a judgement.
[/quote]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1388404120' post='2321520']
[/quote]

My original comment wasn't aimed at either of you at all. but at the need for this thread to exist in the first place.

Ultimately it's just another Fender, and the OP thinks the sellers price is over-optimistic. Big deal. Does it require a thread though?

[URL=http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/1508638_595252220527875_1026428430_n_zpsba2979f4.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/Karl_Altdorfer/1508638_595252220527875_1026428430_n_zpsba2979f4.jpg[/IMG][/URL]