Why become a member? ×

Jurassic 5.

bubinga5

Power in Numbers is a good record. Got a bit tired of their sound after a while though.

Somewhat similar in style (and I think collaborated with) J5 is Lyrics Born who did this splendid feel good number:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucuhS-QZEOk&list=PL1786EC976A922AF4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucuhS-QZEOk&list=PL1786EC976A922AF4[/url]

[quote name='sam-davies' timestamp='1386848649' post='2305252']The Roots are hold the top spot for me. Dying to see them at some point.[/quote]

[i]Small claim to fame:[/i] I interviewed them once, years ago when I used to work as a music hack (just after the release of Illadelph Halflife). They were playing in Manchester as part of Fat City / Grand Central Records' birthday party.

Very nice guys - thoroughly genuine and humble about their talents :) I'd love to see them play live again myself.

At bloody last !!!!

I've been trying to push J5 & Quannum on this site for years. Glad I'm not alone at last

I went to see J5 a few months ago in Leeds & they were spectacular. I dont think Hip-Hop often translates well live but J5 have got it to a fine art live, they use that 5 part harmonies to full advantage & they are also great singers.

[quote name='chriswareham' timestamp='1386803387' post='2304932']
Weren't Gang Star the first hip hop outfit to play Reading festival back in the early 1990s? I saw them there, but they made the mistake of saying they were in the country to "bang the hos". Cue a barrage of bottles and other debris...
[/quote]

I was there too! Superb weekend. I must admit that I don't remember Gang Starr, but remember that Nirvana set clearly.
Love J5 :-)

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1386843350' post='2305161']
Always loved a bit of J5.. plus that picture on the cover of quality control with the tree / turntable thing was cool.
[/quote]

+1

The bass lines on that album are really cool too.

Edited by shizznit

• 3 weeks later...