Why become a member? ×

Bad Gas For USA Peavey Bass

luckman67

I have just missed out on getting a Peavey Foundation bass & I feel gutted about it. I have owned a few Peavey basses my first Pro bass was a T-40 which was stolen, and I've owned the far east versions of the Cirrus & International series. But recently I have had bad gas for the American made Peaveys, Foundation,Dyna, Fury etc. I've always had a soft spot for Peavey basses as they, were the only pro basses that were sold were I used to live. The daft thing is I already have a Ric 4003 & a '64 Hofner violin bass, but I'm going to save and look out for a USA Peavey only this time I'm keeping it.

[quote name='luckman67' timestamp='1386585007' post='2301662']
I have just missed out on getting a Peavey Foundation bass & I feel gutted about it. I have owned a few Peavey basses my first Pro bass was a T-40 which was stolen, and I've owned the far east versions of the Cirrus & International series. But recently I have had bad gas for the American made Peaveys, Foundation,Dyna, Fury etc. I've always had a soft spot for Peavey basses as they, were the only pro basses that were sold were I used to live. The daft thing is I already have a Ric 4003 & a '64 Hofner violin bass, but I'm going to save and look out for a USA Peavey only this time I'm keeping it.
[/quote]

Hi.

I have now sold my Fury, to Paul S (above) and have still got a "Line around the head" USA Foundation
and Foundation Fretless - They are a seriously good bass!!
I have promised myself to reduce the size of my collection and I am achieving it, v e r y s l o w l y! :lol:
I have more than a handful of T-40's so if you are looking for a good one, drop me a PM.
If you see a line around head Foundation - Grab it!!

They also did the T-45, a great bass in it's own way.
The early Patriot is also another great bass.

Good luck in scratching your USA Peavey itch!

Cheers. :)

USA Peavey basses are indeed top class instruments, despite being overlooked and dismissed by some people.

Peavey started out as a lower -cost alternative to the already established big-name players in the industry in the early 1970's. and has never quite shaken off that image, despite the fact that they have always been superior quality products with a lot of thought and planning having gone into their designs , and some of their more upmarket offerings are as good as anything on the market.

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Green Alsatian' timestamp='1386615737' post='2302254']
I picked up a Foundation earlier in the year - love the Super Ferrite pickups in it. Like a Jazz bass but less polite.
[/quote]

Very well described! :lol:
Great balance, luvverly neck and a bit more bark than you would expect!

This is mine.
A cracking bass in many respects.

[quote name='FlatEric' timestamp='1386663191' post='2302684']
Very well described! :lol:
Great balance, luvverly neck and a bit more bark than you would expect!

This is mine.
A cracking bass in many respects.

[/quote]

That's absolutely gorgeous! Here's mine, which has seen a bit of action. The original knobs are long gone and looking at the bridge and headstock, mine is a later model (any ideas?). When I got it, a previous owner had rewired it, so I downloaded the schematic and as the pots had seen better days, I completely rewired it with the treble-bleed circuit on the volume pots as per the schematic.

Edited by Green Alsatian

• 3 weeks later...