Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Now then, now then - a young man ..

xilddx

Nope, never heard of him. It says he won Guitar idol. Well deserved by the sound of it. Beautiful player. Throws the lot in. One minute he's in some mode from outer space and the next he's blues scale and it all just seems to gel and work. Great fluidity and a serious command of the fretboard.

Lovely playing, but no doubt there'll be a further 70 posts explaining where he's going wrong ;)

Looks like he's playing a Squier too. Mine doesn't sound like that!!

Funnily enough, I didn't pay too much attention to the rest of the composition so I guess that means his playing held my attention for the whole 5 minutes although for the intro chords it did sound as though David Sanborne might start playing :D

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1385893554' post='2293158']
Nope, never heard of him. It says he won Guitar idol. Well deserved by the sound of it. Beautiful player. Throws the lot in. One minute he's in some mode from outer space and the next he's blues scale and it all just seems to gel and work. Great fluidity and a serious command of the fretboard.

Lovely playing, but no doubt there'll be a further 70 posts explaining where he's going wrong ;)

Looks like he's playing a Squier too. Mine doesn't sound like that!!

Funnily enough, I didn't pay too much attention to the rest of the composition so I guess that means his playing held my attention for the whole 5 minutes although for the intro chords it did sound as though David Sanborne might start playing :D
[/quote]

It mostly reminds me of Eric Johnson, but that's because of the backing track, his phrasing is much like Eric in parts too, and perhaps he chose that guitar for the vid because of that too. Regardless of all that the kid is a fabulous player, and his note choices should be able to melt many hearts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8P8WwzDeCI

Edited by xilddx

Very nice - great tone and some very slick playing. I get the Eric Johnson reference as well - not so sure about it myself but I can certainly see why people are making the connection. Mostly in D Mixolydian I'd say, but with some nice bluesy flat third string bends in there.

Thanks for that Nige.

Edited by leftybassman392

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1385935407' post='2293910']
Blimey it's quiet in ere. Obviously not very impressive. Maybe it needs a new title ..
[/quote]

I thought, given the guitar context, that you'd be trying to channel Jimi... close but no biscuit, eh? :)

His playing style is cute. You talk about the composition having some items lacking - but I wondered if part of that isn't in the nature of such. They tend to cover certain ground, and maybe don't cater for all tastes. Wonder if he has more vids - wouldn't mind seeing him try something else with a bit more soul to it, if you get me.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1386008806' post='2294584']
Very good player, shame about the song, did sound a bit like the music you get on the end credits of a cop film, bet in a band setting he is the balls.
[/quote]
Interesting. I wouldn't have expected you to like it at all mate! :)

And you're right about the cop film :D

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1385935407' post='2293910']
Blimey it's quiet in ere. Obviously not very impressive. Maybe it needs a new title ..
[/quote]

Well, that certainly seemed to work although I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that folks thought it more interesting with the Saville header :blink:

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1386012415' post='2294622']
Well, that certainly seemed to work although I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that folks thought it more interesting with the Saville header :blink:
[/quote]
An interesting little experiment innit :D Think I'll title my album the same ;)

Also, a good way to remember how to spell Savile correctly lies in the second syllable.

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1386012942' post='2294633']
An interesting little experiment innit :D Think I'll title my album the same ;)

Also, a good way to remember how to spell Savile correctly lies in the second syllable.
[/quote]

Thanks, I'm sure I'll remember that (the spelling that is, not your album ;))

Guest bassman7755

Great player but ... he sounds like hes spent about 5 minutes in his whole life listening to someone other than joe satriani (not that I can blame him for that). I'm sure he'll be a fantastic player when he matures and develops his own style a bit more.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGNgcRwKW4Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGNgcRwKW4Q[/url]