Why become a member? ×

Problems trying to post a "for sale" ad

Dingus

I'm trying to post an ad for a few sets of brand new but very slightly used strings in the "Other Musically-Related Items" section and when I hit "post" it keeps telling me to state a price , despite the fact that I have already stated my incredibly reasonable price both in the heading and in the text itself.

Am I doing something wrong , or is this just another example of how I am being unfairly victimised by Basschat because of my outspoken views on Victor Wooten?

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1384810800' post='2281084']
I'm trying to post an ad for a few sets of brand new but very slightly used strings in the "Other Musically-Related Items" section and when I hit "post" it keeps telling me to state a price , despite the fact that I have already stated my incredibly reasonable price both in the heading and in the text itself.

Am I doing something wrong , or is this just another example of how I am being unfairly victimised by Basschat because of my outspoken views on Victor Wooten?
[/quote] Maybe you will just have to give them away for free could that be why you cant put a price? and who is this Victor bloke is there some conspiracy going on I don't know about lol :)

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1384811574' post='2281103']
Maybe you will just have to give them away for free could that be why you cant put a price? and who is this Victor bloke is there some conspiracy going on I don't know about lol :)
[/quote]

Victor maquerades as a bass player but mainly just fannies around doing tippy-tappy stuff that is no use to anyone, and if I wanted to give the stuff away I would have to state a price. , even if it was nothing :( .

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1384814324' post='2281175']
Apologies, spied this late - but you're spot on as to why the software wasn't letting you post. It just wants the price - if you're trying to convey anything more fancy it needs to go in the body of the advert. Glad you got it sorted.
[/quote]

No problem , Gus, the offers are flooding in ! Mrs Dingus might be able to buy those leggings she's got her eye on in Top Shop.