Why become a member? ×

Block Inlay Decals

Thunderbird

I thought black blocks would've looked really good against all the light wood, especially with the black P/U, thumbrest, nut, etc.

Not to say I don't like the cream pearl.

Is that scratchplate clear or a wooden one, looks wooden, I like it B)

Yeah i could have easily gone for black, I agree they look good too. I just favoured the pearl a bit more though.

The scratch plate is the original flat black style underneath but with a genuine wood veneer glued on top, sanded, and slightly dyed to try and get it closer in colour to the body, then gloss varnished. I didnt get it perfect as you can see

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

A couple of quick question for you guys that have bought and fitted these;

How do they shape up after months of playing? Are they still as good as new? Do they show signs of wear?
Has anyone tried removing one? Did it leave any residual glue or make a mess of the fingerboard in anyway?

I'm tempted to get a set of these as it's a tad cheaper than buying bass that comes fitted with the real thing, but I don't want to end up regretting it, especially as I'm thinking of fitting them to an expensive bass.

What are your experiences, folks?

• 2 years later...

I recently found out about 'jockomo81' ([url="http://www.ebay.com/usr/jockomo81"]as he is called on eBay[/url]) via this thread.

Purchased some stickers (aged white pearl). They took about five days to arrive from Japan.

Thanks.