Why become a member? ×

MarkBass LMII owners

Ou7shined

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='224942' date='Jun 23 2008, 12:35 PM']I can't recall where I heard it, but I believe the flap folds under & the velcro is intended to stick to the fuzzy carpet on the cab & stop it slipping off. I don't do it on my cab though as I prefer it to be unbobbly.[/quote]

+1, but you can give it a shave if it gets too bobbly :)

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='224942' date='Jun 23 2008, 12:35 PM']I can't recall where I heard it, but I believe the flap folds under & the velcro is intended to stick to the fuzzy carpet on the cab & stop it slipping off.[/quote]
Makes good sense although I wonder why not just use normal strips instead of big circles.

Seller has been emailed about return/refund. I now await his next snappish reply. :)

Here we go. :)
[quote]if you send me your telephone number so we can discuss the matter further because as far as im concerned its about doing your research considering what you were prepared to pay for it my advise would be to re-sell the item this is a waist of my time as a consistent ebayer! but i suppose there is always one!..[/quote]

[quote name='ste_m3' post='225219' date='Jun 23 2008, 06:20 PM']a [i]waist[/i] of his time eh! Where people thinner in his generation?[/quote]
:huh:
Syntax and punctuation seems to be a bit thin on the ground too.

Now that I've had time to count to 10 and have a go deciphering what he's saying I'm still at a loss. I'm not going to phone him. I like to keep record of this kind of stuff.

"its about doing your research" [b]Yep I did that, that's why I wanted to buy one of these.[/b]
"considering what you were prepared to pay for it my advise would be to re-sell the item" [b]Well I pretty much paid top whack (possibly more). How is selling it on going to help?[/b]
"a waist of my time as a consistent ebayer" [b]Consistent? You've got 22 feedbacks.[/b]
"but i suppose there is always one" [b]Utter knob![/b]
:) Am I reading it right?

Maybe a mention of police involvement due to you being worried about it not having a serial number might prompt a better reply from the seller.

As for the round Velcro. I have that on my MB SA450 bag. Its just one of those quirky European designs. Works well though.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='225361' date='Jun 23 2008, 08:51 PM']Maybe a mention of police involvement due to you being worried about it not having a serial number might prompt a better reply from the seller.[/quote]

This.

The guy sounds an utter twat. If I was selling something genuine and someone was concerned about it being hot goods, I'd do my best to assure them that it was all above board. If they had a genuine grievance, then I'd act on it. If I felt they were being unreasonable, I'd let them pursue it through the proper channels - hopefully, whoever's in the right would be vindicated by that.

If you can be bothered with the hassle, I'd follow up on the police suggestion - tossbags like this need to be taught a lesson.

BTW - not everyone who lives in London is a total ass!

+1 on Twat.
I had a look at this amp while it was on the bay, somehow got a bad feeling - don't know why (sorry).
Agree on the police suggestion - but don't know how this helps you if you end up losing the amp and end up out of pocket. Not sure if the original owner (allegedly) would be traceable without S/N or filed stolen report.
If you can live with the cosmetics I'd be inclined to put this one down to experience.

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='martthebass' post='225407' date='Jun 23 2008, 09:50 PM']+1 on Twat.
I had a look at this amp while it was on the bay, somehow got a bad feeling - don't know why (sorry).
Agree on the police suggestion - but don't know how this helps you if you end up losing the amp and end up out of pocket. Not sure if the original owner (allegedly) would be traceable without S/N or filed stolen report.
If you can live with the cosmetics I'd be inclined to put this one down to experience.[/quote]

Yeah. i think i would make sure it all works and keep it.
Its a good head and i don't think the price was too bad. Certainly have it out about the description and maybe get something back.
I wasn't actually suggesting going to the police, just to mention them and see his reaction.

I live in London but can be a twat every now and then. Just ask the GF ;-)

I also have an old Ashdown MAG250C115 Combo which I bought from a reputable shop some years ago. I didn't notice for a long time but it has no serial number sticker on the back. By the time I actually noticed this the reputable shop had closed down and reopened under new management so I couldn't have gone back and asked about the missing serial number even if I wanted.

I still feel slightly odd about it because one possible explanation seems to be that it was at some time stolen although I bought it as new. If I ever sell the Ashdown - which I am thinking of doing - I will have to be clear upfront to a prospective buyer that it has no serial number. You may find yourself in that position one day with your LMII. It may limit the number of people willing to buy and so reduce it's value.

If it was me, I think I would go to dispute through ebay and/or Paypal but good luck whatever you do.

Fortunately, my LMII has the sticker with serial number and date.

Blimey Markbass have answered my question. Go Markbass![quote]Dear Rich,
firstly I’d like to thank you for your choice in Markbass.
I’ve to confirm you that all the Markbass item leave the factory with a serial number/date label, it’s a second hand head so it’s possible that the label was removed or lost by the first owner.
Best Regards,

Riccardo Damiani[/quote]

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='225624' date='Jun 24 2008, 08:44 AM']Blimey Markbass have answered my question. Go Markbass![/quote]

Ive never had any problems with getting a reply from Marco. He is busy but always finds the time to reply to any questions ive asked.

So, what are you going to do?

Well as I thought it's turning into one of those sketchy situations I'd rather not get involved (ie confrontation). It's fairly simple as far as I'm concerned - I return it, he refunds. But the guy is just wants to be difficult about it. I don't know if he's young or just thick but one thing's for sure he's not a nice person. I didn't want to get up today as I knew it would be hassle.

[b]me[/b]
[quote]I'm sorry mate there's not much to discuss here. I'm not happy with the item. I want to return and refund. If you're gonna be difficult about this then it'll go to dispute but I don't want to go that far and I'm sure you don't want to draw too much attention to this item either.

Rich[/quote]

[b]him[/b]
[quote]If that was meant to be a threat then i think you had better take it to the dispute! and whatever attention you want to draw to a legitimate item! if you wanted one brand new then you should have gone straight to the source.. you made you bid now lay in it![/quote]

I know I could live with the amp but as I said before the vibe's not right. I'm looking into the dispute process as I write this. I've definitely got a case with misrepresented goods, the stolen goods angle would be less easy to prove but surely you can't be made to accept stuff you think might be hot. Is it best to go through eBay or PayPal?

[b]EssentialTension[/b] mentioned going through eBay [b]and/or [/b]PayPal. Is it possible to do both at the same time?

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='225654' date='Jun 24 2008, 09:43 AM'][b]EssentialTension[/b] mentioned going through eBay [b]and/or [/b]PayPal. Is it possible to do both at the same time?[/quote]

They're one and the same as far as I'm concerned - I am in the middle of a goods not received dispute at the moment - started it in eBay, but now I have to go to PayPal to see the updates. I suspect that if you pay for stuff with PayPal, the dispute ends up in PayPal.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='225654' date='Jun 24 2008, 09:43 AM']Well as I thought it's turning into one of those sketchy situations I'd rather not get involved (ie confrontation). It's fairly simple as far as I'm concerned - I return it, he refunds. But the guy is just wants to be difficult about it. I don't know if he's young or just thick but one thing's for sure he's not a nice person. I didn't want to get up today as I knew it would be hassle.

I know I could live with the amp but as I said before the vibe's not right. I'm looking into the dispute process as I write this. I've definitely got a case with misrepresented goods, the stolen goods angle would be less easy to prove but surely you can't be made to accept stuff you think might be hot. Is it best to go through eBay or PayPal?

[b]EssentialTension[/b] mentioned going through eBay [b]and/or [/b]PayPal. Is it possible to do both at the same time?[/quote]

Its tricky i agree.

This guy could still be legit and that might explain why he is getting uptight about it. Its quite possible that the sticker has come off and so i can see his point of view over this (although im not saying it isnt dodgy)
Its not in that great a condition but again, if it was a demo model as this guy has said that could account for it being in the state its in.

I agree that you shouldn't have to accept stuff if it looks like it might be knocked off but i think you might have to prove it is before ebay step in and i would imaging it could take months.

As for the misrepresentation over its condition, yeah, you have a good case.

you also have a working LMII though.

Keep us posted and good luck.

If the guy described it as 'immaculate' then you have a case, as it's not immaculate - it's got scratches and dings which indicate possible rough treatment.

Assuming that you've shown the guy's responses as is, it really sounds as though he's got a bad attitude and that would be enough for me to want to take him up on it. From the start he sounds as though he's just got it all wrong - particularly the bit about it being worth the wait. You've paid him a wad of cash - you shouldn't have to wait.

[quote name='neepheid' post='225675' date='Jun 24 2008, 09:59 AM']They're one and the same as far as I'm concerned - I am in the middle of a goods not received dispute at the moment - started it in eBay, but now I have to go to PayPal to see the updates. I suspect that if you pay for stuff with PayPal, the dispute ends up in PayPal.[/quote]
Cheers man. Good luck with yours.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='225680' date='Jun 24 2008, 10:01 AM']Its tricky i agree.

...Its quite possible that the sticker has come off ...[/quote]Possible yes but how likely? Besides he claims it never had one.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='225680' date='Jun 24 2008, 10:01 AM']....Its not in that great a condition but again, if it was a demo model as this guy has said that could account for it being in the state its in....[/quote] True but it does'nt say ex-demo or ex-display [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170227092815&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=007"]here[/url].

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='225680' date='Jun 24 2008, 10:01 AM']...you also have a working LMII though...[/quote] Yep I mustn't lose sight of this.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='225680' date='Jun 24 2008, 10:01 AM']Keep us posted and good luck.[/quote] Cheers man.

[quote name='geilerbass' post='225699' date='Jun 24 2008, 10:21 AM']If the guy described it as 'immaculate' then you have a case, as it's not immaculate - it's got scratches and dings which indicate possible rough treatment.

Assuming that you've shown the guy's responses as is, it really sounds as though he's got a bad attitude and that would be enough for me to want to take him up on it. From the start he sounds as though he's just got it all wrong - particularly the bit about it being worth the wait. You've paid him a wad of cash - you shouldn't have to wait.[/quote]
That's it in a nutshell really.

+ I've not altered anything, all the emails are just straight cut and paste in their entirety.

I'd raise an issue just on the guy's attitude alone, no one would want to be dealing with obviously nasty users like that, especially when entrusting them with a sum of money close to the £500 mark.

Also weird how his items are so spaced a part, eg. most of his feedback is back from 2006.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='225737' date='Jun 24 2008, 11:02 AM']Possible yes but how likely? Besides he claims it never had one.

True but it does'nt say ex-demo or ex-display [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170227092815&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=007"]here[/url].

Yep I mustn't lose sight of this.

Cheers man.[/quote]

I wasn't arguing about the condition it was in and how it was advertised.
what i said was if it was a display unit as this guy has said (i think, im too lazy to read this thread again) then that would explain the condition and he said it didnt have a sticker when he go it. As its just a paper one it can come off if this has been passed around or used a lot. He did say it was given to him like that so i guess he cant really explain why its missing if he doesn't know himself.

I'm just trying to see the other side of this. to me, his story adds up. but that doesn't mean it true of course and im inclined to go with your gut instinct but at the moment, thats all it is. You have a long road ahead of you if you are going to prove its stolen.

You will of course get him on the misrepresentation of the state of the amp and personally i would take that route.

[quote name='joe_bass' post='225747' date='Jun 24 2008, 11:14 AM']I'd raise an issue just on the guy's attitude alone, no one would want to be dealing with obviously nasty users like that, especially when entrusting them with a sum of money close to the £500 mark.[/quote]Absolutely. :)

[quote name='joe_bass' post='225747' date='Jun 24 2008, 11:14 AM']Also weird how his items are so spaced a part, eg. most of his feedback is back from 2006.[/quote]He mentioned that he'd been travelling lately which would explain the gap. Although when I went travelling a (few years back now like) you wouldn't of lasted 5 minutes with this kind of crappy attitude.

When I sell something on ebay if the buyer isn't happy I accept a return and if the item is in the same condition as when I sent it I give a full refund minus shipping. If I can see that I unintentionally misrepresented the item or was ambiguous in some way then I would also refund shipping both ways.

Your seller's attitude says to me that he knows that he was pulling a fast one in some way and as I (or any reasonable person) would read it, your seller's ebay listing does not describe the item that you received. Whatever you decide to do good luck. You may need to remember that if you go to dispute then (I think) your accounts (ebay and Paypal) will blocked up for the time being. There may be a good case for accepting that you have an LMII that works.

+1 on the idea that the serial number sticker would not fall off accidentally - it would have to be intentionally and persistently removed.