Why become a member? ×

1974/5 Fender Jazz * SOLD *
£2200

Clarky

• 3 weeks later...

Just to be clear, this is a fund raiser so no trades please. Also I now have a big enough (bicycle) box to post

Post in UK would be £30, outside UK (Europe) would be £70

For UK buyer (with delivery in a Protection Racket semi-rigid gig-bag inside a bike box) the total cost by bank transfer will be £2130. For pickup in London £2,100.

For non-UK buyer, bank transfer [u]in sterling[/u] for £2170 please with any additional bank charges paid for by the buyer

Edited by Clarky

Glorious Clarky, everything a bass should be.
What folks need to remember is with older basses, there are going to be less opportunities as people start to use 70's basses as investments.
Some people are asking pushing a grand for relatively recent Japanese basses.
50's and 60's Fenders come up rarely and at generally difficult prices for most of us to justify spending on a bass. This is where 70's basses fit in.
It's a lot of money, but good value and somebody will come along with the loot required and the mindset of great bass, playable bass, value bass and valueable bass.
Now, who amongst you gets Christmas bonuses :lol: .
GLWTS

Edited by karlfer

Thanks Karl, I do find it surprising when Fender CS basses seem to sell more easily on this site for similar amounts ofmoney to 'real McCoy' vintage Fender instruments which will surely depreciate much less (and possibly even appreciate).

[quote name='Johannes Oehl' timestamp='1385729651' post='2291583']
Fender vintage basses have only gone up in value in recent years, especially the 70s Jazz Basses. If you want a 70s JB in Germany in a music store you will hardly find any under 3000€ (in original condition).
[/quote]
And that really must continue as 50's and 60's basses become even more scarce. Stands to reason that the next relatively affordable vintage Fenders will be the 70's ones.
Bump :blush: again

• 1 month later...

If this doesn't sell, my other Jazz will have to go (US standard in hot rod red with Wizards and 62RI controls; worth £625):

[attachment=152384:jazz red.jpg][attachment=152385:jazz red 2.jpg]

Edit: These are old FS pics from simon1964 which I hope he doesn't mind me using (I actually got the bass from Old Horse Murphy)

Edited by Clarky