Why become a member? ×

Lets see your Semi!

nick

In a similar vein to the excellent new Rickenbuggary post, thought I'd start this one of, for anyone that loves a good semi!

Here's my 60's MIJ Commodore. It's actually a 32", but I manage to get away with 34" scale strings because of the tailpiece. Unfortunately had to remove the bridge dampening gubbins as it got in the way of playing. The pickup whacks out a mighty 15k, which I think is unusual for something so old. It's a dream to play, & has a lovely retro tone especially with flats - wouldn't sound out of place in Winehouse or Duffy song.

[attachment=9851:Commodore_002.JPG]

[attachment=9852:Commodore_003.JPG]

ok, here's mine.

it used to have some mods (hence the two small switch holes between the vol and tone controls), but now it's back to stock.

it's lovely, but it's mainly used for 'on the knee' noodling whilst watching tv these days.

as i said...[i]could[/i] be up for sale.

[quote name='ahpook' post='224479' date='Jun 22 2008, 09:38 PM']ok, here's mine.

it used to have some mods (hence the two small switch holes between the vol and tone controls), but now it's back to stock.

it's lovely, but it's mainly used for 'on the knee' noodling whilst watching tv these days.

as i said...[i]could[/i] be up for sale.[/quote]

That's nice. For a while I was after one of those myself in sunburst.
Why don't you use it much these days?

[quote name='nick' post='224515' date='Jun 22 2008, 10:08 PM']That's nice. For a while I was after one of those myself in sunburst.
Why don't you use it much these days?[/quote]

it just doesn't get the sounds i like to be honest...it's pretty darn clanky for a semi, but as i tend to use a very clanky sound it doesn't quite cut it.

it plays well, but just isn't for me any more.

[quote name='molan' post='224664' date='Jun 23 2008, 12:57 AM']Does a Status Electro count?[/quote]

I think it has to.
Even though I personally prefer old basses, it's nice to see something different, that isn't always retro styled.
That's a gorgeous piece of wood! :)

Edited by nick

[quote name='nick' post='225047' date='Jun 23 2008, 02:30 PM']I think it has to.
Even though I personally prefer old basses, it's nice to see something different, that isn't always retro styled.
That's a gorgeous piece of wood! :huh:[/quote]

Looks much better now it's had a good clean :huh:

Well worth every penny of the £240 I just paid for it :)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='ahpook' post='224479' date='Jun 22 2008, 09:38 PM']ok, here's mine.

as i said...[i]could[/i] be up for sale.[/quote]

Very nice Dude! [i]IF[/i] it ever comes up for sale shoot me a PM :)

• 1 month later...