Why become a member? ×

Hello from Rodma

rodma

Hi there

Have returned to playing bass after a 12-year absence (notwithstanding a reunion gig 8-ish years ago) and have been reading and taking advice (selective advice as most do) from your forums and finally received my bass (modern S.U.B. ray 5) yesterday and amp (Ashdown after 8) today.

desperation during this absence led me to turn my crap acoustic guitar into a really crap acoustic bass. actually, all the strings bar the low E sound good. will be dropping it off at a charity shop in the near future.

if i'd had the budget i would've opted for the US made SUBs, but too hard to justify at this stage. A link someone posted on here about the recent ones being cheapish on musiciansfriend, led me to spotting a 2nd hand 5er on their site that worked out at just over £200, including shipping and duties, so i just went and bought it.

I used to play in a hardcore band that recorded a couple of demos, but other than that have never played the bass live. Used to play Euphonium at school but was only taught treble clef, so part of resuming my playing is to learn to read bass clef. Also my technique was more than slightly lacking the last time i played bass, so i have vowed to spend at least a little time at the start of each session on this.

can't think of anything else other than glad not to be a lurker anymore :ph34r: