Why become a member? ×

Barefaced big twin 2

thebassman

You're welcome to come have a blast through it. I'm on nights until xmas now though, so Wednesdays are the only evening I'm about during the week (I'm not about this week though), which is when we rehearse. We start at 7 so if you could come over at 6 you can have it for an hour if that's any good?

After months of convicing a good friend of mine to go Barefaced (he's a stingie, sceptical git!), he ordered a BT2 a couple of months ago and we took a road trip from the Midlands to BF headquarters yesterday to pick it up.
After being at a standstill on the M40 for 90mins! We had a great time being shown the Bass Cave, production process and the new drivers used in the Gen3's by Bobby.

It affirms my belief that I made the right choice 2 years ago and I'm getting an 'I Told You So' tshirt done for when I see my mate next.

This sounds mad but, I've never heard another BF cab except my S12 - I was a bit jealous when I saw the new Super Twin and when I heard the BT2 just having music played through it - they are awesome PA speakers too! But, the thing that impressed me the most was the midget - how they get so much low end out of a box the size of an old-skool portable TV is truely witchcraft - astounding!

We came away with a bit of swag and I got a handle upgrade kit for my S12 - both chuffed and proud to be BF owners.

If you ever get the chance - go!

Edited by grunge666

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1385579356' post='2289939']
A quick question (which I think I know the answer to) as I haven't owned a Barefaced before.
There are two speakon connectors on the rear of the cab.
I presume it doesn't make any difference which is connected to the amp.
[/quote]

No it doesn't.

• 3 weeks later...

I rehearsed and gigged mine thurs/fri. Owned Gen 2 compacts and midgets. This cab is great on first impression. With my ashdown ABM, fuzz, distortion, wah and meatbox, it kicks out great defined lows, very loud responds to the eq and is an absolute joy. It handles sub really well and I do have the horn switched on which is unusual for me, but it adds a nice bit of bite. Also makes the load easy. I play doom for reference. looking forward to playing more with it!!

I've had mine 3 weeks now and done quite a few gigs with it, I used to run two 1990's trace 1048 4x10's stacked and it betters that rig by bucket loads! Even on my standard settings the sound was deeper and punchier, not boomy at all! The only thing I might do is make a riser for it as I'm not used to having my rig so low, thats just my personal preference though. I still get a suprise every time I pick it up!! it's so light!!