Why become a member? ×

Barefaced big twin 2

thebassman

Each day going by i'm getting more and more convinced of selling my S12T and getting a BT2. Can somebody talk me out of it?

The truth is that i don't need more volume or tone but i would really like to see a sexy silver cloth when i look at my rig, not a ugly metal grill... i'm a very vain person... :P

If I may go off-piste slightly:
How do they apply that paint? Is it on the inside too? It's such an odd rough texture, I have difficulty picturing that being the result of brushing or spraying. Do they have a huge dipping tank?? What if someone fell in - they would be bulletproof!*

*albeit dead

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1381918438' post='2245328']
Looks very like Tuff-Cab to me.

[url="http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=TUFFCAB5&browsemode=manufacturer"]http://www.bluearan....de=manufacturer[/url]
[/quote] if it was.... it would suggest if you asked really nicely (and paid a bit more) that they might just come in other colours!

Inside the ports are stained or painted flat matt black. All other facings including the edges if the ports are acrylic'd or whatever they use. The finish has a stippled effect, but has a smooth/ slippery quality to it when you run your hand over it. I assume its done with a roller as is duratex etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1381917076' post='2245300']
Each day going by i'm getting more and more convinced of selling my S12T and getting a BT2. Can somebody talk me out of it?

The truth is that i don't need more volume or tone but i would really like to see a sexy silver cloth when i look at my rig, not a ugly metal grill... i'm a very vain person... :P
[/quote]

No....sell it. I'd love an S12, S12T or S15. I must thank Alex for releasing the 3rd Generation cabs making a number of superb 2nd generation cabs available at a price that those on a modest income, like myself, can afford

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1384685815' post='2279374']
No....sell it. I'd love an S12, S12T or S15. I must thank Alex for releasing the 3rd Generation cabs making a number of superb 2nd generation cabs available at a price that those on a modest income, like myself, can afford
[/quote]

Hear hear!! B) :D :gas:

Got mine on Friday. Unfortunately I haven't got a another gig til December. Can't wind the bastard up in my flat so I might have to gatecrash my mate's band rehearsal just so I can experience the lushness. :ph34r:

I got a Peavey Max 700 amp, thinking about upgrading to something more modern, and possibly valved. Can anyone recommend a good amp to go with the Big Twin 2?

Edited by odysseus

[quote name='matybigfro' timestamp='1385385594' post='2287551']
[b] ern? where do you practice in Bristol, I'm becoming increasingly convinced that I should be getting something Barefaced?[/b]
[/quote]
I just use the back bar of a friends pub in Southmead. Where are you based?