Why become a member? ×

Shipping from USA?

TRBboy

Hey guys,

One of the guitarists in my band has found a guitar for sale on eBay that he REALLY wants (once in a lifetime sort of affair). The trouble is it's in the USA, and the seller's not willing to arrange shipping to the UK.

Just wondered if anyone's got any tips/advice for the best/easiest/cheapest way to do it?

The cheapest way to ship from the U.S.A to the U.K is by the Express Mail International service offered by the U.S Postal Service . It usually takes about ten to twelve days door to door and is delivered via Parcel Force in the U.K .

Edited by Dingus

Don't forget import duty and VAT on goods imported from non EU Countries. If any is due the guitar may get held at customs until the charges are paid. I found that out to my cost....!!
if the courier/shipping agent pays it on your behalf they may charge you a fee for that when they deliver the instrument. Get the guitarist to check these additional costs carefully.
If you ring the tax people they will be glad to tell you how much of your hard earned money they will extract from you.

[url="http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&propertyType=document&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014"]http://customs.hmrc....=HMCE_CL_000014[/url]

Jazzyvee

Edited by jazzyvee