Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Custom (Fender style) Headstock Decals - Where please?

xilddx

There is this amazing thing called the internet. You can do what is called a "search" and it helps find what you;re looking for. I'm pretty computer savvy and have already figured out how to do it, so here you go -- just this once though. : ) (link removed)

Edited by Lowender

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1380116205' post='2221018']
There is this amazing thing called the internet. You can do what is called a "search" and it helps find what you;re looking for. I'm pretty computer savvy and have already figured out how to do it, so here you go -- just this once though. : )
[/quote]

Well thank you :) But they are not custom decals, I need my own text in a Fender style and I couldn't find anything.

Cheers.

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1380116501' post='2221027']
Or if you want 'Fender like' as opposed to 'Fake Fender' you could try [url="http://shop.rothkoandfrost.co.uk/custom-headstock-waterslide-decal-p/sf118.htm"]here[/url].

(see, I read the OP before resorting to sarcasm) :P
[/quote]

To quote 'bit' from Tron - YES! YES! YES! YES!

Awesome mate, EXACTLY what I need, some searchers are better than others ;)

Thanks so much!

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1380116501' post='2221027']
Or if you want 'Fender like' as opposed to 'Fake Fender' you could try [url="http://shop.rothkoandfrost.co.uk/custom-headstock-waterslide-decal-p/sf118.htm"]here[/url].

(see, I read the OP before resorting to sarcasm) :P
[/quote]

I find it's best to never pass up an opportunity for sarcasm. But I did try to help. : /

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1380132438' post='2221361']
What are you going to have custom written? 'W@nk3r', perhaps?! :lol: ;)
[/quote]

:D No ;)

In the Fender style headstock lettering, gold type on a black headstock, it is ..

[center][size=8][b][i]xilddx[/i][/b] [/size][size=5] ZULU BASS [/size][/center]
[center][size=2]IN MEMORY of DOREEN THOBEKILE[/size][/center]

[center][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][i][b]ORIGINAL[/b][/i][/font][/size][/center]
[center][size=3][i]London[/i][/size][/center]
[center][size=3][i]Zulu [/i][/size][/center]

Edited by xilddx

When applying the decal, be careful as the Rothko ones are very thin, so they can tear easily. When theyre on the headstock, they may look a bit wrinkly, but thst disappears as the water evaporates.

To seal the decal in place, apply very light mist coats over it once its dried out. If you apply too much lacquer / finish, the decal will wrinkle up again.

be careful, and take your time, and you'll end up with a fantastic lookjng headstock mate.

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' timestamp='1380170069' post='2221731']
When applying the decal, be careful as the Rothko ones are very thin, so they can tear easily. When theyre on the headstock, they may look a bit wrinkly, but thst disappears as the water evaporates.

To seal the decal in place, apply very light mist coats over it once its dried out. If you apply too much lacquer / finish, the decal will wrinkle up again.

be careful, and take your time, and you'll end up with a fantastic lookjng headstock mate.
[/quote]

+1

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' timestamp='1380170069' post='2221731']

[/quote]

That's brilliant advice mate, thank you!

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1380180265' post='2221800']
Rothko are great to deal with and decals are of excellent quality Nige.

Good advice from Kev, they are thin, which is one of the reasons they look so convincing when the job is complete.
[/quote]
Thanks G :) Can't wait to get the heastock painted!