Why become a member? ×

Alpher On Tour

CHRISDABASS

I would be interested in having a try on the bass. But, I feel that don't want it shipped to me. Firstly because the chance that I will actually ever shell out for an instrument of this class is small, and I'd feel that I was taking advantage of CHRISDABASS's generosity in hogging the bass for a while before sending it on. But mostly because of what happened to me on the Harmony Central Effects thread. The box of effects that was being passed around was sent to me, but I never received it. I wasn't blamed for it or accused of stealing the effects, but that was personally a horrible experience, and I swore to NEVER EVER get involved in a gear relay again.

But, if there is someone east midlandy who will be involved in the relay, then I'd like to try the bass if possible/appropriate.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1392880989' post='2373700']
I would be interested in having a try on the bass. But, I feel that don't want it shipped to me. Firstly because the chance that I will actually ever shell out for an instrument of this class is small, and I'd feel that I was taking advantage of CHRISDABASS's generosity in hogging the bass for a while before sending it on. But mostly because of what happened to me on the Harmony Central Effects thread. The box of effects that was being passed around was sent to me, but I never received it. I wasn't blamed for it or accused of stealing the effects, but that was personally a horrible experience, and I swore to NEVER EVER get involved in a gear relay again.

But, if there is someone east midlandy who will be involved in the relay, then I'd like to try the bass if possible/appropriate.
[/quote]

i"m sure there will be someone willing to meet up and let you have a go.

This isn't about if you would ever buy one or not by the way, this is just about giving everyone the chance to try something a little different and gather thoughts /opinions :)

We're really excited about the basses we're building for this! i'll post more photos soon! :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

The plan for this has changed slightly....

It's not just the bass that is going on tour! It's us!!

The two of us will be planning a trip (in a camper van) around the UK visting jam nights. gigs, guitar shops, even visiting you personally if you like!!

This way you get to try more instruments and chat with us personally whilst having a brew or a beer!

The dates and destinations still need to be worked out but we're really looking forward to it!!

See you all soon!

Cheers
Chris

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' timestamp='1405973202' post='2507160']
Hi everyone!

The two of us will be planning a trip (in a camper van) around the UK visting jam nights. gigs, guitar shops, even visiting you personally if you like!!

This way you get to try more instruments and chat with us personally whilst having a brew or a beer!

The dates and destinations still need to be worked out but we're really looking forward to it!!

See you all soon!

Cheers
Chris
[/quote] living near I need to come visit you when you're about! Got strings in at the moment?

For everyone else - Alpher strings.... really really nice - fairly low tension round core, just a nice balanced tone - and having had them sat on my bass for ages they last too :D Replaced my previous faves of DR Fatbeams.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' timestamp='1405973202' post='2507160']
Hi everyone!

See you all soon!

Cheers
Chris
[/quote]

Sounds pretty brilliant really. Here's hoping you'll visit Scotland :)