Why become a member? ×

Fender jazz -SOLD
£375

Philly

Bit of a feeler on my MIM jazz bass, i have seen something i fancy for sale on here so am putting this up for sale /possible trade while it is still available. Will be putting this on eBay soon, would rather sell on here so if anyone wants it I will accept £350.

It is a fender Mexican body with a 70s reissue neck and hardware. The headstock has been refinished to match the candy apple red body. It is a very good match.

I have had this confirmed by fender from the neck and body serial numbers, took a while to get to the bottom of the origins.

Anyway here are a few photos, its in very good condition, just a small ding smaller than a 5p near the strap button.

weight is 9.6lb

new photo below shows pickguard and bridge cover removed.

https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/1393494_10151665441661497_838771276_n.jpg

Edited by Philly

i would rather not ship outside of the UK at the moment Arpi, as it has a padded gig bag, not case.

It is around the 9lb mark, I will weigh it more accurately tonight.

Serial number is on the back of the headstock, will check that when i get home from work tonight. I have tried to Google it to find the model but not come up with anything.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1379417904' post='2212360']
From those photos, everything from the front says 75 RI.[/quote]

Hard to tell with the ashtray in place, but the bridge pickup looks more like the 60s position to me? :unsure:

Pretty little thing though... :)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1379422122' post='2212446']
Hard to tell with the ashtray in place, but the bridge pickup looks more like the 60s position to me? :unsure:

Pretty little thing though... :)
[/quote]
So with Fender's track record it will be a 75 RI then :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have added a couple more photos one of which has the serial number and made in Mexico on the back of the headstock. following a chat with another member, we have both wondered if it could be a respray, as the decal appears to be over the paint as opposed to under the laquer. Everything else about it suggests a 70s reissue so I would be very interested if anyone can provide further information on it!

[quote name='DanEly' timestamp='1379508825' post='2213481']
I love this. But why the precision ashtray?
[/quote]

Not sure why the precision ashtray, that's just how it came!

The bridge also has the grooves on the saddles so you can adjust the string spacing, if this adds any clues as to the model, I am still none the wiser!

I have taken a picture with pickguard and control plate off which I can mail anyone if wanted, as i have gone over my upload limit.

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1380030506' post='2219787']
Hi Philly

Serial looks like 09/10 production year?
What's the neck profile like?
Is it a c or u shape?
Cheers
Daz
[/quote]

I guess its a u shape? Its definitely shallow and very comfortable, i had a us deluxe which had a thicker neck back to front, which i assume would be a c shape.and its mz9 so yes 2009.

Phil

Edited by Philly