Why become a member? ×

Fender Roadworn Jazz (sunburst) *SOLD*
£600

Bigwan

Received this in trade recently, but Jazz basses aren't floating my boat nowadays, even when they're this good! Really, really comfy neck, more meaty than most jazzes I've tried. There are 2 small dings on the neck, one on the headstock volute and one on lower edge behind 9th fret, but neither can be felt during playing. Little bit of finish missing on top edge of fingerboard around frets 1 or 2, other than that it's about as minty fresh as a roadworn bass can be! Weight is around 9 1/2 pounds using the scientific "weigh yourself with and without the bass" method.

Looking £500 plus postage (decent quality generic hard case included).

Trades: bass-wise, i'd definitely go for a 50s Roadworn P in sunburst, but not much else

Non-bass trades: interested in a ps vita with all the gubbins, or a recent iPad (wifi 16gig preferred). Obviously cash my way.

Pics here:
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Bigwan2062/library/Roadworn%20Jazz?sort=3&page=1

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1380184952' post='2221868']
Absolute bargain.
I'm after a Fiesta Red roadworn and can only find one second hand, in GuitarGuitar.
At an eye popping £800 :o
GLWTS, you shouldn't need it!

[/quote]
Newcastle? Saw one in there yesterday. Beautiful.

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1380734067' post='2229756']
Will do Graham. Hope the Dingwall is still floating your boat mate!
[/quote]

Yes the AB1 is a real beauty and a longterm keeper.
I use it all the time except for our Fleetwood Mac tribute gigs.
The Whalepool Blue Dingwall doesn't really go with the Flat Cap John McVie image!

[quote name='BassManGraham' timestamp='1380735650' post='2229794']

Yes the AB1 is a real beauty and a longterm keeper.
I use it all the time except for our Fleetwood Mac tribute gigs.
The Whalepool Blue Dingwall doesn't really go with the Flat Cap John McVie image!
[/quote]

Ahh why not? Sure McVie has played all sorts over the years!

[quote name='Isaaclefunkymakak' timestamp='1380912930' post='2232421']
Can't believe it still here![/quote]

You and me both!

[Quote]I'm playing mine and dam...it's the best jazz I ever had :gas: !
Bump for a great bass at a ridiculous price!
[/quote]

Agreed - played mine for half an hour earlier and I'm really starting to wonder if I'm doing the right thing...

Hello, possibly interested in the bass. Looks really nice. I'd love an original like that but just too many pennies.

My only concern is that the string spacing looks narrow compared to most jazzes and the strings don't look like they sit in the middle of the neck. Is this something you have changed for the narrow spacing?

Thanks.

I honestly hadn't noticed that... On closer inspection the bass side of the neck pocket could be tighter so it's possible the neck wasn't set absolutely correctly from the factory. Absolutely doesn't effect playability.

String spacing is set as it came to me, but you're correct, it's as tight as it goes on this bridge (vintage threaded style) so there's scope to widen it if that was your preference (or line the string up better with the neck - wouldn't bother myself!).

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1381066216' post='2233902']
I honestly hadn't noticed that... On closer inspection the bass side of the neck pocket could be tighter so it's possible the neck wasn't set absolutely correctly from the factory. Absolutely doesn't effect playability.

String spacing is set as it came to me, but you're correct, it's as tight as it goes on this bridge (vintage threaded style) so there's scope to widen it if that was your preference (or line the string up better with the neck - wouldn't bother myself!).
[/quote]

I traded this bass with Ian a while back. I was owner since new and to be completely honest I never noticed any neck/string alignment issue either. It has standard Jazz string spacing at top nut, but when restringing/setting up action etc I did choose to narrow the strings at the bridge to suit my hands. This is very easily remedied by loosening strings and popping them onto adjacent threads on the bridge. This bass is a lovely player with a meaty punchy sound and I am very seriously considering taking it back.

Yea it does look lovely. I was engineering The Real Thing Saturday and the bassist had the fiesta red version and it sounded lovely, so was intrigued to see of any were available. I think the alignment issue would bug me after a while. Looks like you got a bighter any way. Good luck with it.