Why become a member? ×

Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic. Anyone got one?

Basschatfield

So i'm thinking of buying the Active 4-string, links here - http://www.gak.co.uk/en/rockbass-corvette-basic-active-4-honey-violin-oil/48688

I'm in a rock/alternative based band, I tap quite alot and enjoy using effects, so would this bass be ideal for me? I've played on a friends and absoutley love it. But would like some words from others who own one :)

Yeah i've looked into getting a German made Warwick but at the moment i'm on little budget and really need a new bass as soon as, i've only got 1 and going on tour in November so i need a back-up.
I really would like a German model.

I've just looked at the $$ it looks a lot better. I think i may go for that.

But i'll look a little longer for second hand German models.

[quote name='Ziphoblat' timestamp='1379256512' post='2210391']
I got a 2009 German made active bubinga Warwick Corvette for that much. Warwicks hold their value so poorly that buying a new one is a bad idea. Hang onto your brass and wait for a "proper" Warwick to come up second hand that takes your fancy.
[/quote]

Same story here, so I'd agree!

i've got one of the older 5 string rockbass corvettes and it's a nice bass, very light and plays very well, but i only paid 120 quid for it so i'd definately echo the guys who posted before me, get a secondhand german one, you have enough money to be able to pick and choose a little but the one that was posted by Gregbass looks ,ike the one to go for, it's very similar to the one in the OP but german. ignore the wear as it's not that bad and i'd imagine that worse can happen on tour!

I actually gave the same advice to a friend a while ago and they ignored it and bought a new rockbass without ever having played one, they didn't get on with it (not really suited to the music they were paying) and it was advertised for sale at about a month old and 150 quid less than it had been bought for! (he then decided to keep it as he didn't want to take the financial hit)

Matt

you basically have two options with warwick atm: buy a germany made second hand, great value basses! I guess they will never be as cheap again as they are now.
Or you buy a new german made... top notch quality, but also top end pricing.
All that Rockbass asian made stuff just cannot hold up to the real thing. That being said, the low end basses by rockbass are actually quite nice - but still, you can get made in germany basses for just a few more bucks. Easy decision imo.

I defy anybody to be able to tell the difference between a German and Asian one in a blind test. I had a 5 string Rockbass Corvette - friends couldn't tell that it wasn't German....

Having said that, I've got to agree with the consensus, there are some serious German bargains to be had out there so let somebody else take the big hit and buy second hand..

What everyone else said, for that kind of wedge you will easily get a German one on here.

My old German Active Vette has changed hands half a dozen times or so, always for £450. They are so cheap second hand people can justify buying them on a whim to try out and then move on if they dont get on with the Warwick sound.

Edited by throwoff

I have the Warwick RockBass Corvette which is made in China (as with all RockBass stuff). Got it from eBay. It's a fantastic bass. Has the same MEC pickups as the German version and adjustable nut. After playing a non-active bass this active bass blew me away. The factory in China has the same quality control as in Germany so the basses are good. However, the guy I got mine from had no idea how to set up a bass and it was all over the place. I thought I'd got a dud but I followed the excellent setup video on the Warwick website and now it plays like a dream (I'd recommend every bass owner watch this!). I'd definitely get another if anything happened to it.