Why become a member? ×

Lakland Bob Glaub USA in Candy Apple Red <<<< SOLD >>>>
£1350

Platypus

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]US Lakland Bob Glaub [/font][/color]- [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Candy Apple Red with matching headstock and [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]with rosewood board[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4 string with Hipshot drop d tuner {standard peg is included} [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Original cream Lakland case included[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The serial number is BG 322 and this was built 2007, [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]before the Hanson takeover of Lakland[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Lindy Fralin pickups ( retro fit), in 2007 lakland had started using the Lakland/Hanson pup[/color][/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Price is £1350 and I'm not looking for trades[/color][/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Pictures here:[/color][/font]
[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/100079729@N07/sets/72157635032467337/[/media]
There are a few minor marks, with a ding under the second A on the headstock. Generally the bass in excellent condition

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The US Laklands aren't imported in UK, so no official price list available. A look at Bass Central shows list price of $3800-$4000 - and street of $3100-$3200.[/font][/color]
The matching headstock is an expensive upgrade
This bass plays really well and feels and sounds like a pre CBS precision

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm based in Harrow, Middx and any trial is welcome[/font][/color]
Can send by courier if required

Edited by Platypus

I have [b]very[/b] serious GAS for this bass...

One of my 'really wish I'd never sold that' basses was a Bob Glaub Skyline, and it was amazing. I can only imagine how good the US one is like.

Looks round to see what could be sold....

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='tredders' timestamp='1378918827' post='2206537']
I have [b]very[/b] serious GAS for this bass...

One of my 'really wish I'd never sold that' basses was a Bob Glaub Skyline, and it was amazing. I can only imagine how good the US one is like.

Looks round to see what could be sold....
[/quote]

That one now resides with me. It's a great bass! Do you still have my old CIJ 70s p ?

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1380836900' post='2231457']
That one now resides with me. It's a great bass! Do you still have my old CIJ 70s p ?
[/quote]

You have it now? It's a beaut. The CIJ 70's P bass was traded for a Jack Casady, which in turn I traded (with a Mike Dirnt P bass) for a MM Big Al. I then sold that, and bought back Casady, which I've subsequently sold again!

It would be quicker for me just to throw money down a drain, I think.

Apologies to the OP for going off topic. I would love this bass - always wanted to try a US Bob Glaub and it's a great colour, too.

Edited by tredders

This bass used to be mine
The neck feels like a lovely pre CBS Fender
But what is most striking is the colour. I have owned a few candy apple reds over the years but the dept and quality of the paint job on this one was amazing. Its the first thing everybody comments on when they see the bass. Then they start to go nuts about the feel of the neck and the playability. And thats before they plug it in!

Thanks for the comments guys - the width at the nut is 1.75" . Lakland do offer an optional jazz style neck version which is 1.5" at the nut.

Spec here: http://www.lakland.com/44-64.htm

P

Edited by Platypus

[quote name='tredders' timestamp='1380878236' post='2231745']

You have it now? It's a beaut. The CIJ 70's P bass was traded for a Jack Casady, which in turn I traded (with a Mike Dirnt P bass) for a MM Big Al. I then sold that, and bought back Casady, which I've subsequently sold again!

It would be quicker for me just to throw money down a drain, I think.

Apologies to the OP for going off topic. I would love this bass - always wanted to try a US Bob Glaub and it's a great colour, too.
[/quote]

I've had a similar experience. I traded your Club bass for a 51RI, which I traded for a modded classic series 50s p, which I then traded for a status Matrix, which I sold to buy your Bob Glaub from another Mark. I haven't spent any more money though happily :) it's the sun burst one with a rosewood board and mint p/g.

I'm really surprised this hasn't sold yet at this price . These are in fact imported into the U.K , and this bass with these options would set you back over two and half grand for cash . I've played most of the upmarket boutique vintage Fender-style basses on the market, and these U.S.A -made Laklands are just about the best of the lot . Only things like Celinders can match them . The vintage-style frets on these feel great and help them play like butter , too. Have a bump for a quality bass that captures that pre-CBS Fender vibe better than most .

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='JCB' timestamp='1383910737' post='2270655']
Very nice looking bass. Do you know if the body is alder or ash? Also, do you know the weight?
[/quote]

The body is alder and the weight, I believe, is less than 9 Lbs - I will confirm exact weight later

Spec and review here: [url="http://www.lakland.com/44-64.htm"][color=#0F72DA]http://www.lakland.com/44-64.htm[/color][/url]