Why become a member? ×

Who has an ACG?

JamesXP

Interested in getting an ACG Graft Finn 4... but never played on any of the necks and the flat radius sounds a bit weird and the assymetrical neck!

what do people think of them and does anyone know the width at the nut as it doesn't seem to be on the web page anywhere.

Also... what kinds of sounds can you get from these with the standard east 2 band pre-amp?

and finally does anyone in the manchester area own one that would be kind enough to let me have a diddle on one?

Alan (Mr ACG maker) will be at the Manchester Bass Lounge on the evening of the 11th Sept, email the bass lounge to reserve a space, he'll have a bunch of his basses with him there, I've got 2, one custom and one graft but neither have the east 2 band pre so I can't comment on that.

The necks are amazing! the zero radius is just better and the assymetric carve makes them really easy to play, I'd recommend coming along to the bass lounge that evening matey, meet Alan and get your mitts round a couple of basses too...

I will be down at the Manchester Bass Lounge on the 11th. Drop Drew a line if you are interested in coming along.
Beaten to it by Mr Dye.
I will have a Graft 4 passive with me and a Graft J Type 5 with the East two band.

Edited by skelf

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1378125445' post='2195964']
Hi Alan,

I saw the Paul Simon concert on BBC4 on Friday and I think Bakithi Kumalo was playing one of your basses.

Looked like a Recurve SC S type.
[/quote]

Really? Man that's VERY cool!
Would love to see some screen caps or something.

BBC 4 gig from Friday here: [url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01kkn74/imagine..._Summer_2012_Paul_Simons_Graceland_Under_African_Skies/"]http://www.bbc.co.uk..._African_Skies/[/url]

I think the link will only be active for a week. Checking the gig now for the ACG, intrigued.

Edited by Badass

[quote name='JamesXP' timestamp='1378147482' post='2196306']
Thanks Skelf!

I was just thinking... it's not listed on the web page... but does the bass have side fret markers?

think i'd be pretty lost without them
[/quote]
If you don't make it to MBL, you are more than welcome to come and have a butchers at my ACG. Not sure which part of Manc you are from but I am in Altrincham area.