Why become a member? ×

FS: 1971 Fender Jazz, Sunburst - SOLD
£2200

wateroftyne

Right, I'm digging my heels in - this time I'm not going to let emotion get the better of me.

For sale: 1971 Fender Jazz. £SOLD.[list]
[*].All-original apart from 200 quid's worth of Antiquity II pickups. (The originals are weak - I'll include them, and a rewind would sort them if you're that way inclined).
[*]Wear is consistent with a gigged 42-year-old bass. No cracks or areas of concern.
[*]Original ashtrays included.
[*]Medium weight.
[*]Neck straight and solid. The truss screw is flush with the heel.
[*]The first few frets are starting to get a little low, but there's life in them yet.
[*]Bridge has the the elongated screw on the 'G' which is correct for the era.
[*]Comes with a letter of provenance from the guy that bought it new in 1971.
[*]It currently has schaller straplocks fitted, but the original buttons will be re-fitted.
[/list]
There's no case, so I'd prefer collection / meet / deliver locally at the moment. I'm in the Newcastle area.

Any questions, ask away...

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1376669782' post='2177797']
That City Hall vid is just amazing. Be proud dood! Mind, few more musicians than last time I saw them there :P .
Beautiful bass.
GLWTS
[/quote]

Cheers, Karlfer! That gig was at the Sage Gateshead. City Hall was a couple of months later with a different band. It was fun.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1376673695' post='2177883']
Cheers, Karlfer! That gig was at the Sage Gateshead. City Hall was a couple of months later with a different band. It was fun.
[/quote]

Shows how sober I was at City Hall. I do remember Edgar Broughton there though :lol: .