Why become a member? ×

Anyone here ok at drawing/designing? Well...

miles'tone

Thanks for this guys...will be certainly giving it a go! Although I haven't won anything since I won a box of maltesers for drawing a horse when I was 10.

:D

EDIT: I came second. The girl who won traced a photohraph. Bitch.

Edited by paul h

[quote name='paul h' timestamp='1376486533' post='2174669']
Thanks for this guys...will be certainly giving it a go! Although I haven't won anything since I won a box of maltesers for drawing a horse when I was 10.

:D

EDIT: I came second. The girl who won traced a photohraph. Bitch.
[/quote]

:-D

Just had an hour on this and thought I would ask for opinions before I sub it.

Apparently you can sub multiple entries so if this one is completely horrible it's not the end of the world :D

[attachment=141546:roto tee preview.png]

EDIT: Subbed anyway...looked at the other entries and thought I might as well ;)

Edited by paul h

[quote name='paul h' timestamp='1376493270' post='2174845']...opinions before I sub it...[/quote]

I'm not judging this contest, but this doesn't 'float my boat'. I'd want more '50 years anniversary' content. Could do better (and has proven so...). Sorry, but nowp. :mellow:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1376493671' post='2174853']
I'm not judging this contest, but this doesn't 'float my boat'. I'd want more '50 years anniversary' content. Could do better (and has proven so...). Sorry, but nowp. :mellow:
[/quote]

Fair enough :) I am sure I will do a couple more. Thanks for the comment :)

Still, makes me glad I'm not entering as I'd have lost already! ;)

An idea though, how about '50 of'as large as the '66'? Anyone seeing the t-shirt walking towards them would know more likely what it referred to. I reckon they would like something like that.

Maybe.

[quote name='miles'tone' timestamp='1376495428' post='2174900']
Still, makes me glad I'm not entering as I'd have lost already! ;)

An idea though, how about '50 of'as large as the '66'? Anyone seeing the t-shirt walking towards them would know more likely what it referred to. I reckon they would like something like that.

Maybe.
[/quote]

I'm working on another...a circular logo with a large 50 in the middle...I've got to cover all the bases :D

[quote name='matski' timestamp='1376495680' post='2174909']
I like a laugh: where can you view the entries...? ;)
[/quote]

I'm winning :) EDIT: No I'm not :D

[url="https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151566562266625.1073741831.21256506624&type=1"]https://www.facebook...56506624&type=1[/url]

Edited by paul h

I think I will leave it at two entries for now and see how the "liking" goes. I should be able to judge what people like a bit better then.

The "likes" will only be there to assist the judges decision...so I'm not too worried about calling out the troops...plus I feel that calling on my t-shirt buddies/fans to vote would be cheating a bit!

Just a quick tip to anyone else thinking about having a go...make sure you design to the correct specification. They are looking for a 300mm x 300mm chest print. Designing a full body print won't work...unless it's so awesome they change their spec!

:)

[quote name='paul h' timestamp='1376497629' post='2174960']

The "likes" will only be there to assist the judges decision...so I'm not too worried about calling out the troops...plus I feel that calling on my t-shirt buddies/fans to vote would be cheating a bit!

[/quote]

Go for it I say, call in the troops.

All's fair in love, war...and Pbass competitions! ;)

[quote name='paul h' timestamp='1376496303' post='2174927']
Better?

[attachment=141550:roto 2 tee preview.png]

EDIT: Bugger. Rushed it and didn't pay enough attention to aligning the text. Already subbed it. Oops.
[/quote]

I was just about to ask if that was yours too. Not bad for 45 minutes work! :D It's straightforward and to the point - so could be a winner.

[quote name='miles'tone' timestamp='1376498154' post='2174980']
Go for it I say, call in the troops.

All's fair in love, war...and Pbass competitions! ;)
[/quote]

I am considering it but if I might wait to see if come up with another/better design.

[quote name='matski' timestamp='1376498774' post='2174989']
I was just about to ask if that was yours too. Not bad for 45 minutes work! :D It's straightforward and to the point - so could be a winner.
[/quote]

Thanks. I am pretty quick at those "generic circular logos" as my tee designing buddies calle them :D

[quote name='Myke' timestamp='1376502159' post='2175080']
I wish I had as much skill as you!
[/quote]

Thanks...but it's all just practise. I don't do anything that anyone else couldn't do with a copy of Photoshop and a bit of time.

Edited by paul h

[quote name='paul h' timestamp='1376496303' post='2174927']
Better?

[attachment=141550:roto 2 tee preview.png]...
[/quote]

Yes, much. There, you now have my official seal of approval. That should frighten 'em all off. Be prepared for a new bass delivery shortly... :mellow:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1376504585' post='2175163']
Yes, much. There, you now have my official seal of approval. That should frighten 'em all off. Be prepared for a new bass delivery shortly... :mellow:
[/quote]

Awesome...thanks :)

My main failing as a designer...apart from being sh*tty at it...is I'm not good at working to briefs. That's why I stick to what I do. I only ever design to please myself and hopefully the designs sell.

[quote name='paul h' timestamp='1376496030' post='2174918']

[url="https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151566562266625.1073741831.21256506624&type=1"]https://www.facebook...56506624&type=1[/url]
[/quote]

shame most of those on there havent bothered to read the brief

that or they are designing tshirts for two year olds :P