Why become a member? ×

1961 Jazz Bass for sale
£10950

tezza-j

[url="http://elderly.com/vintage/items/55U-4000.htm"]http://elderly.com/v...ms/55U-4000.htm[/url]

This is my guitar (still on the Elderly site).

It's all original except for a rear-pickup rewind.

Thanks
Terry

Edited by tezza-j

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1375122380' post='2156986']
Are you open to trades, I've got 2012 BMW 320d lo mileage if you are interested. :D
[/quote]

Seeing as it's not a stack-knob, the pick-up is rewound, and there are a couple of dings how about a trade for my 2007 high mileage Peugeot 307SW? It's a great gig-wagon and I've got the extra seats that go in the boot. ;)

[quote name='tezza-j' timestamp='1375136254' post='2157252']
i've already got a sh*t car thanks
[/quote]

Just serviced. you could do a lot worse for a roomy runabout, but after seeing the latest pics I would be after the bass plus some cash my way TBH.

[quote name='geofio' timestamp='1375313584' post='2159778']
calm down guys it's just a Bass.
[/quote]
Yep, it is just a bass, but its a very special bass, and one worthy of comments, and special mention. This is the perfected Jazz, in the same way the '58 Precision was the final solution, and the exact format still mass produced over 50 years later. These slab board Jazzes are extremely rare, and highly sought after and prized. they are also rarer than a stack-knob, albeit less valuable and collectable, but they are rarer (9 stack knobs for sale that i know of at present, none of these).This is[i] the [/i]Jaco bass, a slab board '61. [i]The[/i] JPJ bass. When people talk about a bass playing like butter (I know, it's used too often, normally by people who don't even know what they are saying), this is the bass they are referring to, this is the feel, this is the bass that has [i]that[/i] tone. A bass that when you play it, you just sink into it, and immediately feel like you've been playing it for years. A bass that has been described as playing and ringing like a grand piano. By the way, I have no affiliation with this bass or the seller, but I have played and owned these, and 2-knob Jazzes, and they are very, very special instruments. "Just a bass"?, yes, for sure, I get that, but then a Stradivarius is just a violin, and a 1965 Ferrari GTO Daytona is just a car, and a Chateau Petrus Pomerol 1998 is just a bottle of wine. They are desirable, and applauded for good reason. These things don't turn up very often, and I'm actually surprised by the [i]lack [/i]of admiring comments to be honest. Anyway, forgive my waxing-lyrical-rant, but these basses ain't half bad!! Carry on......don't mind me.

Edited by Rick's Fine '52

I can admire it - and if I wasn't giving up entirely on long-scale, I'd be seriously interested in this as a collector and player piece. The only issue (apart from the scale) for me is the sunburst - I'm sure that this is entirely period correct but the black (and red) bands are too wide for my personal taste...I'm shallow and so are my preferences in sunburst graduation. A very lovely thing that I suspect will be gone soon.

Edited by lozbass