Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Old Fart Newbie

Nosmo

Hi,

Just got back into playing after a 12 year gap (moving with work has meant lack of bands to play with). Used to play in various bands around the southwest from pop to thrash, own stuff and covers and like re-working old tracks with a bit of twist.

Joined up for some inspiration and looking to get a new amp or combo as I downsized most of my gear as I now only play at home and don't need the bigger gigging rigs anymore (although having a deaf neighbour has been a bonus).

Thought I'd say Hi.
Nosmo

Hey Nosmo,

Welcome!
Your family name is King, right? :P

Anyway, enjoy the banter, the kworreling and the occasional exchange of info.

Oh, and for downsizing, you need an Orange Micro Terror with two PPC108 microcabs.
Or, if that's too fanatical a form of downsizing for your taste, I'm sure the community wil chime in. Put a question with a budget and some requirements in the Amps & Cabs forum, and the ideas wil start flowing your way.
One of the better ideas is an Ashdown Little Bastard 30W valve amp, and there's gazillions of class D amps. A pair of 110 or 112 cabs that fit in your bookshelf, and Sir Robert soon becomes your dad's brother.

best,
bert

Thanks for the response's and warm welcome.

As for the comments so far:

Discreet - already found 2 things to purchase in the amp and cabs and haven't ventured near anything else yet and only been on here for 30 mins and 0n a tight budget as it is so already skint!

Grangur - Cheers!

Bass Tractor - spot on with the username deduction - Nice one!
Will be selling my Trace Elliot 1518 (unless I buy the amp in forum marketplace) and going for a trace combo of some sort.

Hi Nosmo.
There are a good few of us old farts here that have done the same and had a break, and still felt we have something more to give.
Inspiration is here as well the for sale section, best keep away from that is my advice :)