Why become a member? ×

Hi, Basschat!

BassistInTheNorth

Hey Elliot,

Welcome!
Sadly, that is not funny at all. It's deplorable, and we lament it. But hey, horses for courses, so if you enjoy doing it, who are we to stop you?
(Must admit I enjoy it myself.)

Another sad thing is you're one of the blokes who didn't buy enough Brora thirty odd years ago. You're responsible, man!

That out of the way, enjoy the site! You'll not only find friendly people here, but also some Scottish people.

best,
bert

Elliot, any special type of haggises you prefer?
Each time I was in Scotland, someone would explain me there's mainly two types of them: the ones with the long left legs that run clockwise around the hill, and the ones with the not-short right legs that run the other way around. If they're on the same isopleth, it soon is too late for paracetamol, and one can just pick them.
Idunno what's best myself. Don't even taste any difference, and have never seen any that was not on my plate.

b,
b

Sadly, I've never had the fortune of seeing a wild haggis but I'm told that the ones that run clockwise are far leaner, stronger and generally tougher than their anti-clockwise brethren. This means that their meat is generally less fatty but this is preferable to some people in Scotland. These people are usually shunned as outsiders.

The wonders of synchronicibility! So the lefties are awkward and stupid, eh?
Indeed, as you already hint at, there might just be some science in relating this to people as well. See, I'm a leftie, and I've always felt less well-adapted to and less well-adopted by society, and more stupid than most. There could just be something in it!

best,
bert
(I admit that I should've stopped this long ago, but then these days the nights are long, the white wine is silky, and my longing back to Wales suddenly gets the best of me.)
;)

[quote name='Acebassmusic' timestamp='1373986989' post='2143885']
Hi there from a Southerner (Aberdeen!!!). Welcome aboard the good ship Basschat. At this rate there might be enough people to get a local Bass Bash together :D
[/quote]

I'd be game for that.

Welcome aboard, OP

[quote name='BassistInTheNorth' timestamp='1373983550' post='2143826']
Left handed people have some advantages over righties... apparently.
[/quote]

Really? ;)
But to be serious for just one minute, I seem to recall they did some research and found out something about the relationship between being left-handed and art, as well as other stuff I can't remember right now.

BTW, you should hear Leen's music. They're no slouches.

b,
b

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1373989585' post='2143932']

But to be serious for just one minute, I seem to recall they did some research and found out something about the relationship between being left-handed and art, as well as other stuff I can't remember right now.

[/quote]

I've heard as much, though I have a left-handed friend who is possibly the least creative person I know, so I'm not entirely inclined to believe it. He's a hell of a drummer though! :P

I'll check them out!

Cheers,

Elliot

Yeah, I remember now. Using the standard 95% confidence interval, If you were left-handed you were averagely 5% better at being a painter, musician, or drummer.
;) :ph34r:
(very old, lame joke, but hard to resist, and I hastily repeat that of all musicians, I like drummers the most.)

b,
b