Why become a member? ×

Nile Rogers & Chic at Glasto: On BBC 4 now!

TRBboy

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here but, I just read in an interview that Nile has got aggressive prostate cancer :( and is counting his days.
We should really enjoy him while he's still here.

Edited by Highfox

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1374015047' post='2144368']
Finally watched this. Thought it was one of the best live performances from a "pop" band that I've ever seen. Brilliant. Kimberly Davis deserves to be a star in her own right---"I Want Your Love" in particular was incredible.
[/quote]

Seeing them live at the LoveSuprememFestival the following weekend I consider the best performance I have ever seen by any band live or televised, it was utterly sublime, and yes KD was unbelievably excellent,,,,

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1374054416' post='2144646']
Seeing them live at the LoveSuprememFestival the following weekend I consider the best performance I have ever seen by any band live or televised, it was utterly sublime, and yes KD was unbelievably excellent,,,,
[/quote]

Quite a compliment. Saw them last year at the Galway arts festival and it was a great show. The Music was really uplifting and I have never seen an audience look as joyous. As a musician I thought the sound could have been improved upon, but the quality of the performance and the energy of the band ensured that everyone had a fab time.