Why become a member? ×

Fender P...decal outline, should you be able to see it?

iconic

That piccy of the headstock, should you be able to see the 'decal' outline under the laquer....not being a Fender buff I wouldn't know for sure....I like the colour combo though!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221247204338&fromMakeTrack=true#ht_64wt_1330"]http://cgi.ebay.co.u...ue#ht_64wt_1330[/url] Edited by iconic

[quote name='iconic' timestamp='1372486922' post='2126267']
I mailed the seller[i][b]..."....no s[u]erial number"[/u][/b][/i]

:rolleyes:
[/quote]

Me as well, they said no serial number anywhere, neck, plate, headstock. I emailed back and advised them it was VERY unlikely it was any kind of genuine Fender. They didn't reply to that mail, nor change the ad.

I think I'll give this a swerve, shame I liked the colour..in answers to:-

[i][b][size="2"]"It doesn't have a serial number?
Do you know the age?
Where made, US, Mexico or Japan?
Any other details found on the bass?
How long have you owned it, gigged it etc?"[/size][/b][/i]

[i][size="2"]"Mate I've had the same questions from a million people. I haven't got any answers your looking for I'm afraid. I've had it 12 months, I bought it from a guy I worked with. That's all I can tell you. It is a very nice guitar"[/size][/i]

[quote name='iconic' timestamp='1372489455' post='2126288']
I think I'll give this a swerve, shame I liked the colour..in answers to:-

[i][b][size=2]"It doesn't have a serial number?
Do you know the age?
Where made, US, Mexico or Japan?
Any other details found on the bass?
How long have you owned it, gigged it etc?"[/size][/b][/i]

[i][size=2]"Mate I've had the same questions from a million people. I haven't got any answers your looking for I'm afraid. I've had it 12 months, I bought it from a guy I worked with. That's all I can tell you. It is a very nice guitar"[/size][/i]
[/quote]

Yup, I got pretty much the same response. He might not know much be he ain't putting the questions up and he is still calling it a Fender. Somebody is probably going to get shafted :unsure:

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1372576632' post='2127255']
Interesting to see what happens. I reported this as well, at 8.15 this morning.
[/quote]
I'm sure i don't have to to tell you this but ebay are a law unto themselves on listings. I have reported lots of things that by their own rules are not allowed to be listed and some listings they end and some they don't. They do not stick to their own policies. It's all very strange.

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1372593716' post='2127467']
I'm sure i don't have to to tell you this but ebay are a law unto themselves on listings. I have reported lots of things that by their own rules are not allowed to be listed and some listings they end and some they don't. They do not stick to their own policies. It's all very strange.
[/quote]
+1

The treble side of the headstock is the wrong shape also and the String Tree is in the wrong place to be a Fender. Possibly a Chinese Squier or more than likely something along the lines of a Jim Deacon.

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1372604473' post='2127586']
[size=4]I'm psst off with Ebay and fakes. I just contacted Fender customer relations about it. Hopefully they will have a word with ebay and their lack of interest in fakes for sale on their site...[/size]
[/quote]
Most of these big corporations don't seem to care less. Have a look on facebook and see how many iPhone, iPad etc 'giveaways' there are. Of course they don't actually give anything away and none of them are anything to do with Apple but do they care?

Looks like its been removed. Either way its gone [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221247204338?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221247204338?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649[/url]