Why become a member? ×

SEI (super lightweight) HEADLESS four string *SOLD*

Dood

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Here's a super bass for you. Especially nice for those either needing to travel light or having a bad back!

Another on of Martin Peterson's creations down at Sei Bass in Camden.

The instrument is in fine fettle - the only mark is as you can see on the body between the controls.

Surprisingly, despite being a light bass it has a fat sound that is resonant and lively. I'd expect a new set of strings would also help. - This bass has been used so little that it's actually the original set of strings on the bass from purchase by my friend.

The bass features a pair of Sei selected Kent Armstrong soapbar pickups and an standard EQ circuit.
34" Scale.
38mm nut with zero fret.
19mm string spacing at the bridge.
Maple Neck.
Ash body with Maple facing.
The Bass is approximately ten years old - but doesn't look like it has done any more than ten weeks hard labour ha!!

[attachment=136645:2013-05-05 18.50.10.jpg]
[attachment=136646:2013-05-05 18.50.40.jpg]
[attachment=136647:2013-05-05 18.50.58.jpg]
[attachment=136648:2013-05-05 18.51.15.jpg]
[attachment=136649:2013-05-05 18.51.38.jpg]
[attachment=136650:2013-05-05 18.52.20.jpg]
[attachment=136651:2013-05-05 18.52.26.jpg]
[attachment=136652:2013-05-05 18.52.33.jpg]

The bass comes with a padded case.

I'll weigh the bass later on and dig out the spec too for you all!

Price, considering the dink and need for new strings is a very very cool [b]£1000[/b] for a quick sale. New price being around £1600 I understand. No Shipping due to value of the instrument.

Right Dood. I was determined to get down to two basses,but I am going to attempt to sell my soul for this.
I would like to offer a straight swap for my Alembic Epic. Unlikely, but as you don't directly (yet) say no to trades, I had to try.
There are 5 people interested in my Epic but nobody has come up with the loot yet, hence offer for trade.
Good luck regardless, that bass is amazing.
Karl.
Alembic link [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/208589-alembic-epic-4-made-1995-much-relative-cheapnessflame-claro-walnut-top/"]http://basschat.co.u...aro-walnut-top/[/url]
Near Norwich is about 5 hours for me, but I will do it if I am offered!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (where's the emoticon for begging?)

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='4rchitec7' timestamp='1370889321' post='2107019']
No shipping really ???
Why am I living in France ???!!!!!! :swoon:
[/quote]

Trust me fella, it would be quicker for you to drive from France than it will be for me from Wigan :lol:
You want it, you gotta go the extra mile :facepalm:

So this is where it ended up! I played this in the Gallery; it's a great little bass and as Dood says, light as a feather (made even more comfortable by the ergonomics). Quite tempted actually, despite the string spacing being too wide for me, but I must try and hold out for another custom SEi.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1370890484' post='2107042']
Trust me fella, it would be quicker for you to drive from France than it will be for me from Wigan :lol:
You want it, you gotta go the extra mile :facepalm:
[/quote]

I'm sure the post office is near you B)

[b][quote name='4rchitec7' timestamp='1370951027' post='2107771']
I'm sure the post office is near you B)
[/quote] Think no shipping includes the Post Office. Makes no difference sadly, it will be gone before my Alembic sells :( [/b]

[quote name='4000' timestamp='1370892247' post='2107096']
So this is where it ended up! I played this in the Gallery; it's a great little bass and as Dood says, light as a feather (made even more comfortable by the ergonomics). Quite tempted actually, despite the string spacing being too wide for me, but I must try and hold out for another custom SEi.
[/quote]
You should know that the bridge string width is adjustable. The nut looks the same or narrower than your old flamboyant

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1370952839' post='2107808']
You should know that the bridge string width is adjustable. The nut looks the same or narrower than your old flamboyant
[/quote]

Yes, but the string spacing on that was really too wide too; I'd based it on an early Warwick Dolphin I had at the time (although it wasn't quite the same). I'd planned to get a new bridge unit if I ever got it back. I only really play 16-16.5mm now, centre to centre, and I couldn't ever get it down to that. Besides, I had my heart set on another Buckeye. It is very, very tempting though, in a Rodney Matthews' Stormbringer sort of way. ;)

Edited by 4000

[quote name='4000' timestamp='1370892247' post='2107096']
[/quote]
I played it as well. Its an awesome sounding instrument - growly as hell and a fantastic neck. Really low action. In all honesty I was tempted by it but just didn't need a 4 string.