Why become a member? ×

randomly got myself a Warwick,NBD

clashcityrocker

I've never known anything about Warwicks or ever wanted to really but after a day of research I have just returned from a quick shopping trip, and now own one. It's a German made Corvette Active 5er in swamp ash,can't wait to plug it in tomorrow. Seems really well made and the adjustable nut and string spacing seems ingenious.
Now,what does this fifth string do...
[IMG]http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i416/me_and_the_bastards/DSC_0202.jpg[/IMG]

There is something very special about Warwick Basses, they just make 'my tone' EQ set all flat on the bass, pickups 50/50 and volume about 3/4 of the way up and she just sings.

I think eventually I will take the plunge and get the CS Warwick I dream about but not till I have done some considerable saving!

I have the 4 string version ,love it to bits, I find for rock stuff I blend toward the front pick up about half way,and you get a real mid growl, then for softer stuff the mid dent ( 50/50 ) is lovely. Then you can go toward the bridge pup for tighter funkier sound,but that`s outside my remit.....!!!!!!

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1370879048' post='2106767']
Quite a random purchase is that!
[/quote]
your telling me. Spent hours trying to find how much these are new,there seems to be so many models and variations. I don't know if it makes it more valuable because it German and not Korean. In happy with what I paid

[quote name='clashcityrocker' timestamp='1370862085' post='2106361']
I guess you just find your 'sound' n leave it there,and wack it to neck pup for bassier lines.
[/quote]Pretty much what I do. And speaking of pretty, nice score there, random or otherwise.