Why become a member? ×

Little Feat

A random conversation at work with someone regarding Nearly Dan who I saw on Sunday night ( there are other SD tribute bands available) led me to finding out Little Feat are touring and playing the Holmfirth Picturedrome on July 7th although this gig is not listed on the LF site.
Our singer lives in Holmfirth so she's getting me 2 tickets...am really excited as I haven't seen them since the 70's and Lowell George.
Love those Kenny Gradney basslines but definitely a band IMHO whose whole was much greater than their individual parts.
I noticed Mick Fleetwood is on at the Picturedrome too.....

Edited by yorks5stringer

Having seen them both with Lowell and without, I'm Surprised to say I preferred the latter!

It was the 'Columbus' album gig at the Rainbow. He fell out with the others bigtime and they jazz-funked him off stage. Horn section could not be heard. But they fixed it in the mix.

Saw them with Craig Fuller (and Bonnie Raitt guesting) in 88 or was it 89, and more recently with Shaun Murphy. The only drawback - a 15-minute Dixie Chicken!

[quote name='Mickeyboro' post='212196' date='Jun 3 2008, 11:28 PM']....Having seen them both with Lowell and without, I'm Surprised to say I preferred the latter....[/quote]
I've got the albums, DVD's and the T-shirt and while any Little Feat line up is great, I preferred the Craig Fuller version.

I've seen them a few times, both with Lowell George and without. I loved Lowell's playing but the new band is still a great night out.

The Picturedrome is a great venue, only been there once when we happened to be in Yorkshire for the weekend. Really nice atmosphere & much smaller than anywhere I've ever seen the Feat.

Sounds like a good night looming!

[quote name='molan' post='212762' date='Jun 4 2008, 09:19 PM']I've seen them a few times, both with Lowell George and without. I loved Lowell's playing but the new band is still a great night out.

The Picturedrome is a great venue, only been there once when we happened to be in Yorkshire for the weekend. Really nice atmosphere & much smaller than anywhere I've ever seen the Feat.

Sounds like a good night looming![/quote]

So 'Little' Feat is quite apt then.......?

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='212381' date='Jun 4 2008, 11:30 AM']Thanks for the tip off. I hope to go. I just looked at [url="http://www.picturedrome.net/music_events.htm"]http://www.picturedrome.net/music_events.htm[/url] and whoever is booking the artists, has taste![/quote]

Indeed - and the guy writing the previews has an awesome gift for hyperbole, eg: the fabulous sounds of the Electric Light Orchestra....some of the best songs ever to be recorded onto vinyl.. ..

I'd love to see LF in a small venue though. They used to be *so* funky, great to hear they still are :-)