Why become a member? ×

Orange...

rohan

A band i supported was using one of the stacks!
The [i]worst[/i] sounding amp i've ever played through!
I don't know what it was. I really can't stand ashdown amps for the muddy sound but my lord, ashdowns sound amazing compared to the orange!

I'd always wanted an orange amp but now can't even think about purchasing one. This is deffinately a try before you buy amp, some people love them, i really did hate it :)

[quote]From what I've heard of both bass and guitar range, they're held in high regard.[/quote]
My guitarist uses an Orange Rockerverb combo, amazing guitar amp :huh: Wish the bass one was as good.

Jake

Edited by jake_tenfloors

Had one of the original '70's heads many moons ago - recall it as being a bit of a dog, but I was totally clueless about valves. Swapped it for a bike. The new ones look cool, and good reviews. :)

[quote name='umph' post='212138' date='Jun 3 2008, 10:09 PM']matamp > orange[/quote]

My guitarist has a 120W '70s Matamp head. GT120, I believe. My mum heard it - and she knows nothing about music - but she said that's the best sound she's ever heard any of us make with our guitars.

I keep meaning to try it for bass. I reckon it'd sound stupendous.

Gypsymoth - I know Stevie Wonder & Wonder Love used to all use Orange amps back in the early 70s. If you watch that footage of him on Musik Laden (or Beat Club as it was known here), Stevie's sending his clavinet, synth and rhodes through an Orange each, both his guitarists have Orange amps and Nathan Watts also goes through an Orange (wearing a matching Orange jumpsuit). I'm sure the old cabs were good - the trouble now is that the new ones sound a bit woolly.

I like the look of both the Orangular and Orangtino rigs. I'd love to hear how they sound!

[quote name='paul, the' post='211999' date='Jun 3 2008, 06:32 PM']Hasn't someone on here got an Orange head and a silver/black Aguilar cab? Probably the coolest looking rig on BC.[/quote]

The Oranguilar! That'll be me. I would have the 8x10, but i don't fancy shifting it about :)

Edited by Tee

My Guitard has a massive Orange combo thing, its pretty fecking huge actually, but it sounds terrible. we'll the tone isnt that bad but its the loudest amp ive ever heard when nothings being played. sounds like you have a tv on full blast and pull the arial out. Dunno if thats a fault with the amp, but I dont like it.

Edit: Just realised its not a combo, did a search on it and realised its just the cab, must be the head making the noise.. so yeah, forget everything ive said.

Edited by Jobiebass