Why become a member? ×

New cabs day! Bergantino HT112ER & EX112ER stack

wateroftyne

Hi all

After four years' loyal service from my Berg HS210s, itchy feet have got the better of me and I've worked out a deal with a fellow BCer to trade 'em for the 12" stack.

I'm not sure why, exactly... they're Bergs, so they're going to be great. Just a different flavour of great.

My only reservation is whether my Walkabout will give a single cab sufficent juice on smaller gigs. Most of my bands aren't loud, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Yum...

• 2 weeks later...

Good choice Michael! I'm fortunate enough to have a pair of EX112ERs and the HS410- my Walkabout works brilliantly with either setup. Have to say that the 12's edge it for me with a P-Bass, whilst the 10's nail it for me with a Jazz... :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1370611443' post='2103438'] Cheers, Etienne! As it 'appens, I really like the tweeterless top-end of the EX112ER. I think I prefer it to the HT with the horn rolled off. I might go for another EX and run a pair of 'em... [/quote]

I've not spent enough time with a HT112ER to hear the difference between it and the EX, but I'll take your word for it! Agreed that the EX's have a great top end on them as they are- more than enough for most people's needs. I usually back the treble control down to 10, sometimes 9 o'clock on my WA when I use mine, and there's still plenty of life in the sound for my taste. HT/EX or EX/EX, it's an amazing sounding rig, whatever you end up going with! :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1370611443' post='2103438']
Cheers, Etienne!

As it 'appens, I really like the tweeterless top-end of the EX112ER. I think I prefer it to the HT with the horn rolled off. I might go for another EX and run a pair of 'em...
[/quote]
I had the same stack any if using one only cab, i too preferred the EX to the HT with horn rolled off. Kinda surprised that there was a noticeable difference, tbh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm using 2off AE112 cabs with horns. I tend to turn the lower cab horn back to 9 o'clock position and the top cab at 12.
I'm running them from a Genz 600 Streamliner and the sound is quite deceiving.
If you stand in front of them at a gig you dont appreciate how full sounding they come across. Move forward into the room and all of a sudden you get full bodied Jazz bass sounds - Lovely.
The full band has now stated that it is the best sounding bass they have ever come across. We are all 50 ish with lots of band experience across all styles of music.
Quite a compliment.
Sound wise it has a nice warm feel from the tube pre-amp. No harsh top end or thudding bottom end - just nice well defined and nicely rounded bass sounds.

Cant go wrong with Berg cabs IMHO.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7