Why become a member? ×

Rush at the o 2 . I won't spoil it for anyone who is going on this tour , but ...

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1369684843' post='2091664']
Here is an article about the gear used on the tour.

[url="http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2012/Nov/GALLERY_Rushs_Clockwork_Angels_Tour_Gear.aspx?Page=24&"]http://www.premiergu...r.aspx?Page=24[/url]
[/quote]
Thank you

[quote name='WonderHorse' timestamp='1369740864' post='2092120']
Went to Brum and thought the overall sound was spot on - although I would have liked the bass to have been a bit more prominent.
[/quote]
I think that has more to do with Geddys bass sound being a horrible distorted mushy fart than anything else.
If a sound guy is given a sh*t sound to start with there's not much he can do with it to be fair.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1369745102' post='2092199']
I think that has more to do with Geddys bass sound being a horrible distorted mushy fart than anything else.
If a sound guy is given a sh*t sound to start with there's not much he can do with it to be fair.
[/quote]

+1. I don't know what Geddy is thinking of these days. or Alex, for that matter.

Mush.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1369745647' post='2092208']
....or Alex, for that matter.
[/quote]
I thought Alex's guitar sound was actually much better than it has been for ages the other night.
Looking at his gear list for this tour he's not using as much Hughes & Kettner gear & is also using the Fractal audio effects stuff which seems to have improved things considerably IMO.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1369746020' post='2092212']
I thought Alex's guitar sound was actually much better than it has been for ages the other night.
Looking at his gear list for this tour he's not using as much Hughes & Kettner gear & is also using the Fractal audio effects stuff which seems to have improved things considerably IMO.
[/quote]

Really? Good.

Are you listening, Geddy?

I was at the O2 show - 8th row floor seats. Admittedly murky sound at the beginning but that seems to be part and parcel of live music these days. Geddy's tone was there but a little hard to decipher when everyone was playing but when soloing or in the quieter moments it sounded great. A faultless performance, incredibly enjoyable and a lesson in how it's really done. Several goosebump-raising moments, particularly Carnies and Headlong Flight from the CA set, and an totally unexpected Manhattan Project.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1369771016' post='2092643']
Several goosebump-raising moments, particularly Carnies and Headlong Flight from the CA set, and an totally unexpected Manhattan Project.
[/quote]
Yes, Carnies & Headlong Flight were pretty fantastic.
They played Manhattan Project at the O2 did they? The non-setlist surprise song at the NEC was The Pass.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1369776397' post='2092717']
Yes, Carnies & Headlong Flight were pretty fantastic.
They played Manhattan Project at the O2 did they? The non-setlist surprise song at the NEC was The Pass.
[/quote]

It seems they are using two setlists on this tour, mostly identical but for a few minor changes. Instead of The Pass, we got Bravado, which suited me fine. :) I think we were also treated to The Body Electric instead of Dreamline.