Why become a member? ×

Whats the best quality guitar lead?

Didn't we come to the conclusion that the extra sized ones (Monster I think) should be avoided, not because they're bad cables per se, but because the slightly thicker barrel ends up damaging the internal socket?

Edited by Buzz

[quote name='Buzz' post='211996' date='Jun 3 2008, 06:23 PM']Didn't we come to the conclusion that the extra sized ones (Monster I think) should be avoided, not because they're bad cables per se, but because the slightly thicker barrel ends up damaging the internal connector?[/quote]

I certainly have.

Alex

But 'silencer' doesn't work on active basses...

I got one, but at the times, when I was pluging/unpluging lead with 'silencer' end in/out of bass, I could hear a serious "POW!" at that moment..

Fellow bassist-shop assistant assured me about this, so I didn't bothered about that thing anymore, sold it to guitarist, and bought a pair of Klotz La Grange cables without any 'silencers', and that's another story...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='211388' date='Jun 2 2008, 09:32 PM']I've got one of the £40 Fender Platinum ones. Seems pretty indestructable so far! It's meant to suffer almost no signal degridation at all. Have a read of the review... [url="http://www.bassplayer.com/article/fender-platinum-gold/aug-07/30546"]http://www.bassplayer.com/article/fender-p...ld/aug-07/30546[/url][/quote]

I have one of these too (it's my second as the first one had a slight kink at the straight end which meant it disconnected at the amp end when it moved !) Soundcontrol were not amused when I took it back and asked for a replacement and they couldn't replicate the problem, it was a problem with my amp etc. Kept telling me that the 90 degree end should go in the amp and the straight end into my bass. They wouldn't believe that the cable was made specifically for Fender basses with the socket on the front of the bass :huh: Got it changed though, and it works great :)