Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN: Steinberger XL-2A (Immaculate Condition)
£1750

cloudburst

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1376411035' post='2173581']
OMG. Credibility crisis! :-)

Gary.
[/quote]

Don't knock the cabaret - me and my L2 did thousands of them in the 80's and 90's and I don't have a credibility gap.

Or maybe I just think I don't ...

Ed

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Ashborygirl' timestamp='1381667344' post='2241957']
Forgive the slightly off topic question but is it right that Gibson have a number of containers in a car park that are filled with enough Steinberger parts to make several hundred new basses?
[/quote]

Nope - it did exist but the container was emptied years ago. Andy Yakubic of www.steinbergerworld.com went along and helped them identify and sort all the stuff. Then we had a couple of years of the Epiphone/ MusicYo USA guitars and basses till the parts stock ran out.

There were no Ls or XLs during the MusicYo era and the moulds for these instruments were destroyed or lost at some point so cloudburst is correct - there will never be any new L or XL basses from Gibson/ Steinberger - we only have what already exists.

Ed

Yeh, the moulds and plugs are long gone as Andy Yakubic states:-

'[i]The body & neck molds were nowhere to be found. I checked all the shelves and peeked in the other palettes. Not that they would be useful at that point anyways, since they'd be so degraded. I was more concerned about the plugs - these are the positive model that the negative molds are made from. They're usually made of metal because they're designed to last a long time. As long as you have the plug, you can make more molds pretty quickly. Steinberger always had many sets of molds working at any one time, all of which were copies from the original plugs.[/i]'

The man responsible for the demise of Gibson-era Steinberger is none other than Gibson's own fruit-cake CEO, Henry E. Juszkiewicz, a Harvard MBA who purportedly rescued Gibson from the Norlin days but who has created, it would seem, a company whose employees are, on the whole, thoroughly demoralised. This megalomaniac shut down Steinberger due to an 'open letter' to him from an employee that criticised him. Yes, that's right: he shut down Steinberger (and, I think, Tobias as well), all because of a few derogatory comments and home truths! So, with a 'Night of the Long Knives' such as this, one can clearly see all the Steinberger parts being junked into the trailer that's been referred to; the moulds/plugs probably hit the trash. How bitter can one man be, eh? Let's also not forget he is the clown who sanctioned the ridiculous (and poor selling) Firebird X.

And, for further Henry reading, here's a Google cache of employee comments from the companies review site Glassdoor:-

[url="http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:mJRsHvbPRbUJ:www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Gibson-Guitar-Reviews-E6869.htm+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a"]http://webcache.goog...lient=firefox-a[/url]

Edited by Stacker

• 2 months later...

As far as I'm aware there's no Gibson involvement in any of Ned Steinberger's more recent instruments. The double basses (and cellos, violas and violins), the discontinued Synapse range and the new Radius instruments are entirely under Ned's control.

P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...