Why become a member? ×

All The Queens Ravens - album launch gig! 8th July

Clarky

Hi all,

We will be launching our new album 'Hearts for Judas' at a gig on Monday 8 July. The venue is [s]The Old Queens Head in Islington.[/s] the Underbelly in Hoxton Square. Details and support acts in posts that follow

As a reminder, here is our teaser track from the album, Las Vegas Parano

[url="https://soundcloud.com/#all-the-queens-ravens/las-vegas-parano"]https://soundcloud.com/all-the-queens-ravens/las-vegas-parano[/url]

And this is what we look like

Edited by Clarky

• 4 weeks later...

New venue alert! The Old Queen's Head pulled the plug due to unscheduled building work

Its now at the Underbelly in trendy Hoxton Square. Remember to roll up your trouser legs and grow some weird facial hair

[url="http://www.underbellyhoxton.com/index.php?option=com_jevents&task=icalrepeat.detail&evid=3197&Itemid=11&year=2013&month=07&day=08&uid=feb8bfcd85343b54ff2b35ae78e33fae"]http://www.underbellyhoxton.com/index.php?option=com_jevents&task=icalrepeat.detail&evid=3197&Itemid=11&year=2013&month=07&day=08&uid=feb8bfcd85343b54ff2b35ae78e33fae[/url]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1372707296' post='2128959']
Good luck with the launch mate :)
[/quote]
Cheers! Looks like a good turnout - from FaceBook event page alone we have over 70 and I know quite a few coming who don't frequent FB

[quote name='Spoombung' timestamp='1373033397' post='2133041']
Your always playing the same night as me. :) Good luck with the launch!
[/quote]
Cheers Kev, spookily it turns out my guitarist (Luke) played in a band with your drummer (Frank) for 7 years and went to college together!

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1373120556' post='2133936']
Cheers Kev, spookily it turns out my guitarist (Luke) played in a band with your drummer (Frank) for 7 years and went to college together!
[/quote]

Really? I'll ask him about that.

...any dirt on Frank?

Fantastic show Clarky!! The energy loop between the band and the crowd just kept growing and growing, I didn't want it to end! The band were tight as f***, the vocals almost sounded auto tuned, your Baby Bass sounded massive and your playing was perfect in every way. What a great night! Great to see Lozz there, and delightful to meet Lady C, and your nipper.

I'll be downloading the album on Thursday, the music was glorious! Cracking night mate, congratulations :D

Nx

Nige and Lozz, I really appreciated you coming along and really you are too kind. But yeah, I think I got very lucky joining this band! Absolutely loved the gig tonight, met all of my hopes :) Cheers again, chaps!

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1373326786' post='2136365']
Nige and Lozz, I really appreciated you coming along and really you are too kind. But yeah, I think I got very lucky joining this band! Absolutely loved the gig tonight, met all of my hopes :) Cheers again, chaps!
[/quote]

We are NOT too kind, you deserve the love! It was a cracker mate! You all look and play like a BAND, you're all f***ing lucky to have found each other. Top night man!!

Thanks Keith, the Ampeg Baby Bass worked superbly. The soundguy praised its sound ("very punchy") and it was so nice not to have to worry about feedback for a change :) Still buzzing from the gig (me, not the bass)!

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1373327075' post='2136369']
We are NOT too kind, you deserve the love! It was a cracker mate! You all look and play like a BAND, you're all f***ing lucky to have found each other. Top night man!!
[/quote]

Spot on Nige. Great sound, great playing and a great look as well, originality at its best methinks.