Why become a member? ×

What would you do with £1,000 ?

The Dark Lord

I am very tempted by a MacBook Pro and a copy of Final Cut Pro so that I could turn our multicam gig footage into something interesting. Comes in on budget too given that I'll buy it through the business.

Alternatively, an old Astra van might be a good idea .... although a wee bit more and there's additional costs there too.

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1366981337' post='2059838']
I am very tempted by a MacBook Pro and a copy of Final Cut Pro so that I could turn our multicam gig footage into something interesting. Comes in on budget too given that I'll buy it through the business.

Alternatively, an old Astra van might be a good idea .... although a wee bit more and there's additional costs there too.
[/quote]

Why a laptop? Spend the money on building a decent desktop instead

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1366980844' post='2059823']Swap you a cow for them?[/quote]

Deal! Just PM me with a copy of your passport, bank account details and pet insurance, I'll then arrange the transaction via Western Union [s]money[/s] cow transfer :D

Do you do your own recordings? If not might be a worthy investment, although a macbook/mac with Logic is more than the £1000 you have currently. I bought myself a macbook and logic and it is one of the best things I bought, allows me to do so much more and more easily than my old laptop did! Plus get yourself a preamp and interface and a few mics and you're able to do recordings and charge, people are always looking to pay for recordings and they want it as cheap as possible, maybe you could venture that way if you have the time?

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1366974356' post='2059657']
Get a keyboard/synth.
[/quote]+1

Specifically one of these?
[url="http://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Moog-MINITAUR-Analog-Bass-Synthesizer/QPG"]http://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Moog-MINITAUR-Analog-Bass-Synthesizer/QPG[/url]

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1367046068' post='2060566']
If you have no or little savings , save it, you'll find a use later.

What I'd do, priority would be a holiday round a pool with the family in the summer.
[/quote]

I appreciate what you're saying and that is generally a very good idea - but I'm in quite a different position to that. This is a sort of what else can I spend my loot on scenario.

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1367062405' post='2060781']

This is a top answer. You may pass "Go" and collect £200.
[/quote]but that'll only leave you £800 and the desk is more than that :)

Edited by ezbass

• 2 weeks later...