Why become a member? ×

SEI FLAMBOYANT 4 HEADED SOLD!!!
£1100

Well, once again something has come along I really want and due to my currently enforced "one in, one out" policy I'm putting my beloved Sei Flamboyant 4 headed up, priced (hopefully) for a quick sale. It's been a fabulous bass and has served me well; I know everyone says it but I really will be sad to see it go.

Spec as follows:

Burr madrone front facings on an ash body
Maple neck with bubinga stringers (?) & an ebony fingerboard
Kent Armstrong pickups
Schack circuit (bass, middle, treble, volume and pan with dip switches in the cavity to change the frequencies affected)
ABM bridge
Gold hardware.

The bass is light (I'd say probably under 8lbs) and extremely comfortable, with a slim, fast neck; think Ibanez SR-type dimensions. String spacing adjustable but currently about 17.5-18mm; will check later as I'm currently at work. The neck is perfectly stable, the best of all the Seis I've had (indeed one of the best I've ever had in that respect), and feels wonderful.

I'd say sonically it's also my favourite of the Seis I've had; I prefer the Kent Armstrongs to the Barts I've had previously and if I was going for another Sei build would definitely specify KAs. Comes with a Hiscox case.

Pictures to follow as I'm at work: however if you go on to the Sei website where it shows pictures of each Sei type it's the headed Flamboyant 4 with gold hardware showing there.

I would prefer collection or buyer to arrange courier if possible, but can discuss, and will accept cash or Paypal; may accept very near offer for cash.

Edited by 4000

Well judging by the number of enquiries I've had already, I can't help but think I underpriced this. :lol: Still, £1100 is what I said, so that's what stands....enjoy the pics.

For those who are worrying about my sanity (quite a reasonable concern, all things considered ;) ), if this sells but the bass I'm looking at falls through for whatever reason, I'll likely be back to see Marvelous Martin for a new build with some tweaks to suit my personal (odd) style. So it's all good.