Why become a member? ×

Iron Maiden - Maiden England

markbunney

Tbh, no. I have the old VHS around somewhere. I was on this tour in Donington , and the next week Germany (cologne).
I pretty we'll went off maiden for a while after that. I cannot stand 'can ii play with madness'.
Saw maiden again at the Clive burr benefit gig, which was the lowest (volume wise) gig I've been to.

May dig the VHS out and see if I can get back into it ,;)

[quote name='markbunney' timestamp='1364569617' post='2028314']
I've only giggied with it a couple of times, mainly as its so heavy!!!

It's also my "best" bass and I'm keen to keep it in good condition so usually use my Aerodyne for most of our gigs as I don't mind that getting the odd ding.
[/quote]

You're very sensible ;) years ago, he was (and of course still is ) one of my heroes. I used to see maiden in the early days,and he was awesome. To cut a long story short, I got. A hondo2 copy of a precision from mummy's catalogue .
It was basically a log of firewood . When my friend , who was teaching me said. I could buy my first 'proper bass' he recommended then washburn status . A it odd considering I hated ink/ soul etc. you can see the basses I own now since then below ;)

Steve Harris is currently my nemesis...... I'm learning a few Maiden tracks for my new band.

Ides of March, I'm sorted!

Wrathchild..... Blimey Charlie is that bassline a bitch to play!!! Even on 20% lower speed I can't get it.

I only assume that Steve Harris (and all those lively people on YouTube that make it look easy) have turbo charged hands... and I want to know where I can get some :P

Will have to see about renting the DVD and having a watch :D

I plan on getting the DVD when I get paid next week - ME's got an excellent setlist. May be getting a day ticket for Donnington as well - only problem is that I want to go to the Friday of Isle of Wight fest as well, and being on the same weekend I doubt it's feasible for me to get to Donington on the Saturday in enough time to catch most of the bands.

Its good value, it also includes the 12 Wasted Years documentary which is worth watching just to see the horrific 80's fashion outfits!!!!!

I can get rid of my VHS copy now that I've been keeping for years despite not owning a video player anymore!

I think Live after death and Cliff em all are the main reasons I started playing bass. My vhs copies of those are pretty much worn out now. Like the set for the Maiden England release - watched the Raising Hell release recently it's not in the same league as the other releases but it's a lot of fun.