Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Aup Duck!

Firstly, I love musical instruments.. all kinds! wether its wind, brass, strings or electronic... they are just cool as.

But the Bass hold a special place amongst my love for them, it wasn't always so and I wish I could articulate why, but I like to think its too abstract to put into words!

I've been playing for about 2 years, so yeah, that should give you an idea of my ability. I don't have natural talent, if that even exists or have I had the time to practice like I did when I learned guitar in my late teens, but I finding the Bass extremely fun and a just a beautiful instrument to learn.

And as you can see from the Topic of this thread, I'm from the Potteries (Stoke-on-Trent)

Anyways,

Hi BC

:)

[quote name='longtimefred' timestamp='1364476977' post='2026977']
owat me owd china! welcome, grab thee sen a brew.
[/quote]

at o rate, long time dead... mmm that band name sound so familiar, your from stoke so, you've probably played the rigger most likely saw you there.

Hey 64k,

Welcome to BC.
No worries about your abilities. I've been "playing" for 17 months now and am working on my third note. You're OK.

There's a lot to learn here, and a lot of friendliness and bad humour.
Enjoy it!

BTW, you're lucky! I had only 32k in my BBC.

best,
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1364484430' post='2027125']
BTW, you're lucky! I had only 32k in my BBC.
[/quote]

I was a 1990s child, so I had a commodore 64! peak and poked the s**t out it hahaha

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1364484430' post='2027125']
No worries about your abilities. I've been "playing" for 17 months now and am working on my third note. You're OK.
[/quote]

Third note?

[quote name='64k' timestamp='1364485438' post='2027144']
I was a 1990s child, so I had a commodore 64! peak and poked the s**t out it hahaha

Third note?
[/quote]

Yes! Peak and Poke. Typical Commodore stuff. Don't even remember how we did that on the BBC, but I remember we made orange in a certain spot by alternating between two whole screen memories - one with yellow at that spot and the other with red. Great days.

Third note: yes! I can do the low E and surprisingly also a Bb. Have no idea yet about what next note to go for. :P ;)

best,
bert

Try for an H. It's up the dusty end though and will require an extreme metal type pose with legs apart and all 8 fingers and both thumbs on the fretboard in order to hit the right harmonic nuances.

Welcome 64k BTW, I used to have an Acorn Electron. I am a child of the 70's. I liked basic, Assembler put me off coding for life.

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1364488838' post='2027226']
Try for an H.
[/quote]

Will do. Thanks for the tip!
;)

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1364488838' post='2027226']
I used to have an Acorn Electron. I am a child of the 70's. I liked basic, Assembler put me off coding for life.
[/quote]

Electron! Cool. I liked those. Even had some functionality the BBC lacked. Sprites, maybe. Don' remembah.

No assembler, no Orange, so be careful. This is a mire you're stepping into. ;-)

best,
bert