Why become a member? ×

Tricks of memory - Hawkwind content

Len_derby

After a great weekend with old friends in Wales I decided to revisit some of my past and aquired a copy of 'In search of space' by Hawkwind.
Listening to it an hour ago I was amazed at how much detail I could remember. I know I've not heard it for at least 30 years.
But, most disconceringly, I recognised some of my own so-called 'original' basslines. :rolleyes:

What a band they were. Seeing them as a teenager in the early 70's felt like a real rite of passage.

Adjust me. Adjust me. Adjust me. :blink:

My eldest lad (33) came round this after noon & wanted to borrow some records out of the loft! Up he went & came down with 3 big boxes full, most of which I'd forgotten about being up there, we spent a couple of hours going through them, several Hawkwind amongst them.

I remembered going to see them one time with a mate on Hastings pier, we got a parking space just across from the pier, but our heads were in another place :blink: ;) & we couldn't get out of the van, which didn't matter 'cos we could see & hear them just fine :o :D great evening! :ph34r: !

Yes I remember all sorts of things from many moons ago...including all the words to a 1977 Rubettes song that was on Radio 2 today :ph34r:

I did see Hawkwind at Reading festival in the Seventies......does that get me off the hook? ;)

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1363456292' post='2012996']
I always wonder about that... I remember tiny little details from songs that I haven't heard in years and years too! I wonder if everybody works the same way, or if it's some kind of gift like a photographic memory?
[/quote]

I've long been convinced that we never truly forget anything... it's just that we can't always remember it.

Wonderful band, seen several times.
Back to OT, last night I just started singing The Philosophers Song by Python. I can't have heard it for well over 30 years and yet it popped into my mind complete.
Mind, there's plenty of room for it nowadays :P