Why become a member? ×

5 year old child copying me!

WhoNeedsYou

My 3 year old daughter got a Uke for christmas, from grand parents.
When I get a bass out to practice she runs off and gets her uke, sits next to me and strums.
It's cute, but I really wish she'd let me tune the bloody thing...
:lol:

Edited by bartelby

[quote name='WhoNeedsYou' timestamp='1363264782' post='2010636']
I'm having enough heartache with bands/auditions myself at the minute. I guess she's going to have to deal with it eventually anyway.
I'd be glad for her to be in [b]a high school band though, I learned too late to join mine[/b].
[/quote]

Same here, except for when i was at school music lesson were little more than comunity singing, and the teacher told me not to bother,reckoned I was tone deaf for some reason. :P High school bands are great for kids, except for violins. 6 kids scrathing away on out of tune violins at school shows just has to be the worst sound in the world.

Dont let my previous post put you off, was a great feeling when I first saw my daughter gigging, worth it in the long run.

good on her, obviously a young lady with sense :P

My 2 and a half year old nephew has already decided he prefers Auntie Deb's guitar (my Ibanez 4 string) to Uncle Phil's guitar (Fender 6 string high pitch horrible thing!!).

I'm just trying to work out when I can get him to play..... quite like the idea of getting him a drum kit and be a family rhythm section..... sadly his Mum (my sister) doesn't seem as keen ;)

My now 10 year old son took up the guitar 2 years ago at school, he has 1 x 30 minute lesson at school a week and I know I'm his dad but he really does posses the raw talent to be very good and his teacher agrees.

Such a thrill watching him last year perform at school in front of all year 6 pupils and parents (he was year 4 then), while all the others were concentrating on their fingering while my lad was stood looking at the audience boogieing away and really getting into what he was playing. I just hope he realises the talent he has and the hard work he needs to put in to be good.

Have fun watching her play and learn and record every moment!!!!

My 6 year old daughter wants to play keyboards!! Now if i can get Mrs yepmop to play the drums........

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1363264944' post='2010640']
When I get a bass out to practice she runs off and gets her uke, sits next to me and strums.
[/quote]

Luverly!
Enjoy it - it'll be gone before you know it.

best,
bert

[/quote]

I didn't know it was possible to tune them, I've certainly never heard one that's had that done to it... :)

I did actually try playing one once but it kept defaulting to George Formby...

...and lastly, the definition of a gentleman is... someone who can play the ukelele... but chooses not to... :D

Well, you've been a magnificently indifferent audience, take care and goodnight! :D

[/quote]
I bought mine one a year or two back, just to keep her pacified.
she had the uke out last night & no - it wasn't in tune, don't know how many times I've tuned it then she "tweeks" it herself and ruins it.
I know when I attended her school church service at christmas the last yeargroup had all learned to play white Christmas or silent night & "somewhere over the rainbow"
It was, to be frank, awful, just awful! The only person hitting the right notes was the teacher! Don't.think any of the twenty plus ukes were in tune either.