Why become a member? ×

Rotosound customer service 10/10!

DarkHeart

I bought a set of flat wound Rotosounds a couple of weeks back and unfortunately the E string had what was described as a `loose cover` and rattled. I contacted Rotosound with the intention of buying a replacement string however I recieved a reply apologising for the string and asking for my address to send a free replacement to, great i thought thats good of them. On monday the string duly arrived and it had brought four of its friends along for the ride, so instead of just sending me a replacement for the defective one i had a brand new set and a replacement, to me thats top marks for customer service.

I'm not a fan of the strings, but I am a fan of the company - I've always found them to be very helpful, and Jason How took the time out to correspond with me about strings a while ago. Proper customer service.

Always good lads at Roto, when they launched the Nexus coated line I bought a set almost immediately and the E unwound as I was putting it on.

Quick email and for the price of a stamp (they wanted the bad string back as it was a brand new line and wanted to check out what had happened for QC purposes) I was sent a brand new pack and a bunch of stickers.

Top service.

Yes, great company, great strings. I had a chat with Jason at the bass Show on Saturday, nice guy, and was genuinely interested about which of his strings I used, and why. Also chatted about the use of Rotosound on so many of my fave recordings, hence me using them.

I had a similar experience to the OP - a duff A string in a brand new set. Emailed Rotosound about it, got an apologetic reply from Jason within minutes offering to send a replacement set. He didn't even want proof of purchase or the duff string returned which I was expecting.
Great stuff.

I have contacted them twice by phone and gotten the same condescending toff both times. i don't know hwo he was, but he really sounded like he couldn't be bothered.

I don't remember the first issue, but he was very brusque and condescending.

The second time, I explained that I had bought a set of strings and one was shorter than the others and I wanted to buy a single string from their webstore but whilst I could buy single strings from their online shop, they only sold two of the four strings from the set (which is folly), neither of which were the one I wanted

Firstly, he told me they didn't sell to the public and that they don't have a webstore. I read him the web address, he then confirmed it was theirs, that they do have a webstore but they don't sell to the public. That yes, they only sell two of the four strings I wanted and he couldn't help me any further.

I tried to fathom this logic, explained that I was at the checkout on the webstore, there was no mention of it being trade only, ready to buy a couple of other sets from them... He interrupted me, asked if that was all or if there was anything else he could help me with.

He was plain rude.

I won't buy from them again but it's nice to see they are helping others out.

What on earth did I do wrong?

Having video Ped's video again, it certainly wasn't Jason that I spoke to. The guy I spoke to had a plum in his mouth.

Edited by jaydentaku

• 3 weeks later...

Had a very rough G in a set of RS66EL's. Emailed Rotosound and John Doughty replied with a 3 paragraph reply explaining everything including how the bass string market worked!! He sent a replacement G and another full set. How good is that!!

Damn good company.

A

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1362648283' post='2002554']
I'm not a fan of the strings, but I am a fan of the company - I've always found them to be very helpful, and Jason How took the time out to correspond with me about strings a while ago. Proper customer service.
[/quote]

Ditto.

It makes me wish I liked the strings as I'd be delighted to support the company, especially with them being UK based!