Why become a member? ×

Valenti & Bolin

dub_junkie

This Valenti has travelled around the country a fair bit and I've been interested in it since it first appeared for sale/trade here on BC. I wanted a Jazz bass and I'm really glad its this one I've got... Its sublime and my new #1 player !

This Bolin NS 5 has been owned by at least a couple of other basschatters too. Inspiring to play,the piezo sounds terrific and theres loads of tones on tap. I also love the singlecut and slotted headstock

Nice and unusual pair! I'm always interested in the Bolin basses - how are they to play sitting down? I've never really understood the design (with the additional strap hanger...I thought Ned was a great designer??). I almost played one once, but didn't have the time...should've been late.

BB

I hadn't realised how different the Valenti jazz body shape is to the usual - I like the slighly more 'fin shaped' upper horn. Subtle and elegant.

So how many basses is that now? Can I see the lavender ray again? ;0)

Cheers
ped

BB,the Bolin plays great seated or standing. the extender is ugly but i wish i had one on my Asat bass.

Ped,I have the same number as I had when I got the StingRay 5 back in March - 8 - since then a pair of Sterlings and the flame maple natural Spector have gone :) and in came the Bolin,Valenti and a Godlyke Disciple 5

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='205802' date='May 25 2008, 01:28 AM']Both lovely basses DJ, but the Bolin in particular is exceptional! I've never seen a nicer looking single-cut bass...[/quote]

thanks for the kind words. I agree,I think it is very elegant looking.

[quote name='Buzz' post='205917' date='May 25 2008, 12:20 PM']MMmm, I like the look of that valenti[/quote]

thanks. I'm no expert on J basses but I've played enough to know this one is right up there. Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the 3 previous owners all had Sadowskys which may be the the only reason for it not stopping in any one place too long.
This bass has replaced my G&L SB-2 as my "go to" 4 string and if I ever see another Valenti up for sale/trade I think one of the G&L's is for the chop. :brow:

Keir