Why become a member? ×

Hartke LH500 users who rackmount

Pow_22

[size="3"][color="#000000"]LH500 users who rackmount – what case are you using? I bought a Stagg 2U one off here and whilst the case is brilliant it’s a little too big for what I need. It hangs off the back of the cab and dosent feel fully secure with its plastic shiny feet against a shiny tolex – can see it rumbling off. Im after something maybe less bulky and certainly smaller (depth wise). Ive considered a few options:-[/color][/size]
[size="3"][color="#000000"] [/color][/size]
[color="#000000"][font=Symbol][size="3"]·[/size] [/font][size="3"]Roqsolid padded cover – Will be good but worried about level of protection[/size][/color]
[color="#000000"][font=Symbol][size="3"]·[/size] [/font][size="3"]2U carpet covered sleeve – again would be good (even better if it was tolext covered) but no lids so buttons exposed in transit[/size][/color]
[color="#000000"][font=Symbol][size="3"]·[/size] [/font][size="3"]2U wooden sleeve then buy a basic roqsolid cover to fit over the whole thing.[/size][/color]
[size="3"][color="#000000"]Having never rackmounted before im not even sure im doing it right. Currently (in the Stagg case) ive had to remove the amps rubber feet to get it in and just used the screws at the front to secure – am I meant to secure the amp internally too?[/color][/size]
[size="3"][color="#000000"]Of course if anyone has a small 2U case/sleeve (depth around 13” for the Hartke) and fancies a trade id be up for it tho id need to put that in the correct forum place.[/color][/size]

My last cab was an Ashdown and as it was the deep model it wouldve been fine. The Hartke AK cab im currently using is noticably less deep, maybe not much more than the LH500 so around 15" possibly?

Ive got a LH1000 in the same Stagg plastic flight-thing. Agree it is much bigger than I thought- I had to take off the rubber feet too.- I stuck pipe insulation in the gaps both at the bottom and top to give it a bit of a hand with the weight. Though I`m sure the thing is fine in there anyway. I stuck some mastic on the bottom of the case and covered this with Gaffa- now it doesnt slip off my cab or move about. Very cheap, handy bit of kit really.

The warwick seems to be what im after. Its not bulky and just pretty plain and simple looking. Think they are around £50 as well so not too bad. Might stick a wanted ad on here and if nowt comes up will splash out on a new one. Cheers

Here's what I use for my GK head

[IMG]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad111/Delberthot/Gallien%20Ashdown%20Rig/DSC02044Large_zps5e9e22d9.jpg[/IMG]

The rack would've made it huge overall and since I transport all my own gear, it was the best choice for me

Edited by Delberthot

Mine is in one of these...

Which is very handy for carrying, but it does slip around a bit on top of my cab (Barefaced cabs are painted rather than covered).So I put a piece of "grippy mat" stuff between the amp and cab. I'm not sure what it is actually called, but its the stuff you put down under rugs and things on the floor to stop them sliding around... Works a treat! :)

This kind of thing: http://www.amazon.co.uk/slip-safety-under-rubber-underlay/dp/B004K3G5B6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1362162018&sr=8-2

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Pow_22' timestamp='1362136834' post='1996199']
Currently (in the Stagg case) ive had to remove the amps rubber feet to get it in and just used the screws at the front to secure – am I meant to secure the amp internally too?
[/quote]

I've rack mounted a few Hartke amps over the years and the feet always get in the way - I just take them off.

You've mounted it correctly, it is just the screws on the front panel that hold rack mounted kit secure.
Nothing wrong with adding a bit of packing on the underside to give it some support though - I usually use that foam draught excluder stuff, sticky side attached to the case side.