Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender Precision '62 RI CIJ Fiesta Red £425 delivered incl. case

JapanAxe

This is my much loved, well-gigged, and luscious-looking P-bass. I never thought much of Precisions till I tried this one, and it has been my companion through several years of punk, indie, soul, and dance band gigs.

Despite my best efforts to look after the instrument, it has picked up a little damage. There is a tiny mark in the headstock lacquer beneath the Fender logo, and some gouges/scratches on the bottom edge below the tone controls (shown in the pictures) - otherwise it's in very good condition, with no other major dings.

The neck is very comfy to play, wide but not too deep. The tone control goes from punk brightness to fat dubbiness, and all points in between.

So why sell? I bought a Sandberg! But I will miss this bass...

I am looking for [size=6][b]£425[/b][/size] delivered (payment by bank transfer - mainland UK only), or you are welcome to come and try the bass and pay with cash (obviously I'll knock off the shipping cost). Not looking for any trades unless you happen to have an Eastwood electric mandola in sea-foam green!

[url="https://www.dropbox.com/home/Photos/Precision62RI"]Pictures[/url]

Edited by JapanAxe

Bugger! That's supposed to be a public folder! Give me a minute or two...

Here you go:

[attachment=128709:2013-02-28 12.18.39.jpg][attachment=128710:2013-02-28 12.19.03.jpg][attachment=128711:2013-02-28 12.19.35.jpg][attachment=128712:2013-02-28 12.20.27.jpg][attachment=128713:2013-02-28 12.21.05.jpg][attachment=128714:2013-02-28 17.29.31.jpg]

Edited by JapanAxe

Thanks for your bump dood, I think reciprocal bumps are allowed in moderation :P , however perhaps best end here.
I've pretty much given up the ghost on my Lakkie going anyway.
VERY surprised your beauty is still here though, especially at that price.
Good luck.

Forgot to mention - price includes the semi-hard case shown. It's a little tatty round the edges but still serviceable, and will obviously protect the bass whilst being transported to the lucky buyer.

[quote name='jeeks' timestamp='1362526312' post='2000977']
Don't know if it'd take your fancy or would wanna sell on yourself but I've got a blackstar ht5th anniversary amp I wanna sell, fancy a trade plus cash?
[/quote]
Thanks for the offer but I'm fully sorted on the small guitar amp front. :)

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1362082706' post='1995598']
Slap a red tortie plate on Pino my son :D
Typical one comes up when I'm skint and my Lakkie ain't moving :(
Good luck bump.
[/quote]

Great idea about changing the plate for a tortie, might even consider a red one myself now!!

Edited by Davy

[quote name='NJE' timestamp='1363201324' post='2009773']
Do you know what the nut width is? Im after a 44mm nut precision and not sure if the 62 reissues have them. cheers.
[/quote]

My digital micrometer makes it 42.9mm.

[quote name='Davy' timestamp='1363217698' post='2010149']
Great idea about changing the plate for a tortie, might even consider a red one myself now!!
[/quote]

Go for it!

Edited by JapanAxe

• 2 weeks later...