Why become a member? ×

FS: Ibanez Roadster 1979 Black. £230. PRICE DROP!

binky_bass

Hey guys,

Time to flip this bad boy again...I really need this gone to afford something here on the lovely BassChat!

She's a 1979 Black Ibanez Roadster, 34 years old. Fresh Rotosound strings on her.

It plays like a beast, lovely deep flapping tone with the tone dial all the way down, when you switch it up she's really tight with a crisp hi-fi tone. I love it :) But I need some cash right now. The sound is constantly likened to a musicman stingray, and that's definitely not far from the truth! £230 for that vintage musicman sound? Surely someone??

I'm asking for £230 collected, or £240 delivered in a half decent padded gig bag. (Will pad her out so she's safe!)

Shes got a few little scars, but nowt major. There are 2 little filled holes by either side of the strings just above the bridge where I had a midi pickup fitted.

I'm on 07912222127 and based in Wickford, Essex.

Someone grab this 4 string legend before I change my mind! :)

[attachment=128615:20130227_141726.jpg]
[attachment=128616:20130227_141732.jpg]
[attachment=128617:20130227_141755.jpg]

Russ.

Edited by binky_bass

I had this for a while and it's a lovely bass. Really good build quality and that pickup sounds huge. Got a really growly Stingray-esque type sound and loads of volume!

This is a fine example of a bass from the golden era of Jap manufacture.

Good luck with the sale, Russ!

Alex

I don't like modern Ibanez basses, but any from this period are incredible beasts! The comments above about this one sounding like a Stingray are bang on! In fact I much preferred the Ibanez sound, more mids! I'm pretty sure that big single coil pickup is the same as the ones they used in the Musician Bass which is also a wonderful example of Japanese craftsmanship.

Although its a lovely thing, I hate to be the 'party pooper' but is that a replacement bridge, as the strings look to be placed a little low; the 'G' string looks close to edge of the fretboard. Could be the camera angle but looks like it in 2 pics. I am prepared to stand corrected :D

Dear reader,

If you are browsing the ads for a tarted up, active, single cut, 6 stringed Walnut coffee table, with a wad of cash in your back pocket.........

Don't waste your time or hard earned. Buy this bass, and it will give you more love, groove and soul than any toothless 2K plank can ever do, and it'll put a smile on your face, when you remember why......you picked up a [i]proper[/i] 4 stringed bass guitar in the first place.

If I had £240 I would now own the bass, but I haven't. If you [i]have[/i]......what on earth are you waiting for?