Why become a member? ×

Fender quality question

omikin

The string alignment issue is most likely doe to the bridge being slightly misplaced . A good repairman can sort it out in 15 minutes , but you would also be within your rights to return the bass and ask for another . If for any reason you decided you wanted to keep this particular bass - and from experience , a replacement bass from Fender could have the same faults or some new ones for you to enjoy - then if the misalignment is such that if the G string is further from the edge of the fingerboard than usual then it is not really imperative to change it unless it bothers you . I f the G is closer than usual to the edge of the board then most players would find that far more of a problem and it will need to be sorted . Jim Fleeting will be able to make your bass play far better than any Fender straight from the factory , so if he did sort this bass out for you the final result would be very satisfying . Maybe you could get Fender to pay to have your tech sort it out .

[quote name='omikin' timestamp='1361800914' post='1991036']
Okay, so I took the neck off, adjusted the truss rod, put the neck back on, applying a bit of pressure to push it back into alignment.

Result? Strings aligned, action nice and low. Plays just like my other P now.

Panic over.
[/quote]

Only some of us were panicking ;) Glad you sorted it out.

...I took the neck off, adjusted the truss rod, put the neck back on, applying a bit of pressure to push it back into alignment.
[size=4]Result? Strings aligned, action nice and low. Plays just like my other P now. [/size]
[/quote]

Result. :)

Okay, so I took the neck off, adjusted the truss rod, put the neck back on, applying a bit of pressure to push it back into alignment.

Panic over.
[/quote]
Well done that man, enjoy your P :)

Panic over.
[/quote]

Take a bow my friend. It's nice to sort something yourself as it stands you in good stead to sort out future problems you may have. See how much you learn when you don't live in the perfect world of Musicman, Warwick, Warmoth etc. :P

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1361804305' post='1991108']
See how much you learn when you don't live in the perfect world of Musicman, Warwick, Warmoth etc. :P
[/quote]

:D

I have to admit the holes for the bridge were borderline too-far-from-the-neck on one of my Warmoths.